Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking P4 2.4ghx 533

Yeah how much should i overclock my P4 2.4 ghz 533, with stock cooling (2 case fans and cpu heatsink+fan) ?:?:

with stock cooling? I wouldn't OC it much at all with stock cooling

but as long as you keep the OC low enough that you don't need to raise the voltage then you might be OK

if you're going to OC with a stock HSF at least replace the stock TIM with some Arctic Silver 3 and make sure your case cooling is adequate. ...but I'd recommend that you look into getting a good HSF if you want to do any serious OC

*btw, what are your current temps with stock speeds?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

MY CPU temp is around 40.0 degrees celcius (give or take) and my CPU fan runs at about 2600rpm.....unless the CPU Is hotter then the fan goes faster (not much) is that wat u wanted to know?! :cheers:

kinda, I guess I should have been clearer ...I meant temps while the CPU is under max load

I've seen temps jump quite a bit from idle to max ...your max temp is what will make the difference

MY max temp is around 51 degrees Celsius.....thats the highest ive seen it go

So what do u recommend i OC too?! should i even bother?! i mean i want to OC and all its just, i dont wanna pay for the dmg it might do!! thats why im asking u for help b4 i OC so i can learn my limits :confused:

each cpu is different and they all have different limits

it's been a while since I messed with a Intel chip, but this is what I recommend...
    increase the FSB gradually (in the BIOS), running benchmarks each time to ensure stability until:
    a) it becomes unstable
    -or-
    b) the max temp goes up too much (which can be fixed by getting a better cooling solution)

there are enough precautions built into CPUs and mobo's these days that you are not likely to damage the CPU by OC it

Thread Information