Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: max cpu Voltage

FSB gives better performance than multiplier, I'd leave it where it is. Mhz is not everything.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    FSB gives better performance than multiplier, I'd leave it where it is. Mhz is not everything.
    Well sort of....You want to get the max FSB you can achieve with the highest multiplier rather than simply raising the multiplier to get the highest core speed out of the CPU. But in Athlon systems it is generally more important to run your RAM in sync with your FSB so when you clock your FSB your RAM is generally the limiting factor. I have found that beyond a certain FSB the performance gains become less significant.

Unless your RAM is so crappy that you have to leave it behind to run out of sync with the FSB but then you should invest in some better RAM IMO for the most significant performance increase.

For each system it would be best to experiment with different combinations of settings to see which gives you the best performance. Patience is virtue when it comes to overclocking. Your system will find brick walls in many different directions.
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information