Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1700+ TbredB overclock!

My XP1800+ checks in as that but I've played around with enough to tell me that the steppin's mean **** as I've one supposed good one that barely gets a 200MHz increase plus a P4 2.4B that tops out at 2.7GHz where others are likely to get 3GHz. I've always said that overclockin' involves a lot of luck, havn't I? No 2 CPU's are the same and from my observations ya lucky to get a 1 in 5 that do very well in the o/c arena. :cheers:

So I guess I was lucky for once ;)

Im satisfied with this, but of course, for some reason 230FSB will give me ultimate satisfaction, But i not gona try it, dont wanna cook my cpu :)

So, Wiggo, do ya consider this a nice o/c?

EDIT: I thought Id add this:
    VDIMM: 2.9V
    VDD: (northbridge) 2.0V

To tell ya the honest truth I've never gone for the "full on" o/c as I've seen enough burnt out by doin' that but a good mild o/c with aggressive memory timin's does me fine as SETI times tell me.

Hmm, for some reason SETI units still are takin around 2.5hrs. I figured theyd me quicker than that, RAM is @ 2.5-3-3-8 sync with FSB.

Well the only thing that I can think of is the memory as my Corsair XMS3500 which is set at 2-2-2-5 but then I don't have onboard video but SETI does like extreme timin's I've found.

But, im not using the onboard ATM. I prolly could time my RAM more extreme, being i upped its voltage, but i may not be able to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information