Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: unlocking 2200+

Alright, so I have an XP 2200+ and an Epox EP-8KHA+ mobo. I've read a bunch of articles about unlocking the processor but so far none of them have worked. In bios I have the option to change the multiplier but whenever I change it nothing happens. How can I fix this? Also, it seems like I cant get the core above 138mhz. Is this normal? Im kinda new at this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Dan

Have you read the mobo manual front to back? I am not sure, since I don't use Epox mobo's. Although most have a jumper to change the FSB from 133 to 200. Or it might be in the bios. That should work for the FSB.
    As for unlocking the chip - have you tried to fill the bridge holes with superglue/or something non-conductive, then bridging the L1 bridges with conductive grease?
    They have unlocking kits at a few online stores if you need it.
    Also, nforce boards unlock the chip automatically.

Chez

A few more hardware details would be good but that mobo is based on the KT266A chipset so ya FSB jumper is only 100/133. The XP2200+ is a Thoroughbred core so doin' anything to the L1 bridges will do nothing as the last L3 bridge needs to be connected. As to ya limited FSB I say that that would be a prob with the rating of ya memory though ya havn't stated what that is. Also posible is that ya have a Thoroughbred A core which are know as poor overclockers.

Thanks for the correction Wiggo.

I knew I should have double checked! One of the bridge sets need to be taken care of though! lol

Must have been thinking about my wifes palamino I just unlocked. That or not thinking at allllll. :eek:

How exactly do I find what the rating of my memory is?

WEll.........I think you could check your BIOS, and set your RAM to run by SPD, and itll run at its rated speed and timings

But how do I actually check what the rating of my memory is?

All reasonable good to quality memory will have a sticker on it statin' its rating and size.

I unlocked my 2200+ by connecting only the last L3 bridge (towards the CPU core). With a KT266 mobo your performance will be held back though.

PCMark2002: 5066

3DMark2001:

Thread Information