Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: A7N8X Mult. settings

Homeworld any CPU temp. monitor program you use gets its reading from the BIOS. Also note when you are in your BIOS your CPU tends to run warmer than when it is idling in Windows.

Also note it isn't always accurate. My BIOS and my probe readings vary by up to 12c at full load.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Homeworld,

Just saw your question posted on the TT 11. I like it. It works. With the PCI fan speed adjustment, it just makes it all that much easier to work with. I also have the TT Fan tube $8, which works good as well. It angles the HSF a little and spreads the air onto the HS better from what they say.

I'll be honest. I think HSF's are so close today, it is more about aestetics after you make sure you pick a model from the top 25 performers.

I would look at price, what you like, and stay within what is proven to be a good performer and go from there.

Chez

Chez: I see what your saying, and I kinda agree with you. But I think my HSF REALLY sucks ass, so im probably gonna change it out. Another reason i want to change it is becuase it sounds like a wind tunnel, and there is no fan speed adjuster. I turned on Qfan Control on the BIOS for my A7N8X Deluxe, and it hasnt done a thing becuase my CPU is ALWAYS really hot.
    So Chez, do u think i should go with the TT 11+ or the TT SLK700 w/ TMD fan, (I'm currently leaning towards the TT 11+)

SoulBurner: Im pretty sure that the BIOS is giving accurate temps on the CPU, bceuase its an A7N8X Deluxe, which has sold a lot, and i have never herd of this problem. Although i am gooing to by a probing system, like one of those cheap ones they put on X-Hour for like $5.

Thanks Guys :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Since you are leaning towards the TT, go with it. You will be happier in the end. Any performance difference will be negledgeable in my opinion.
    I would also get the TT fan tube to go with it though. I have it personally and I like it. It adds a little extra aestetically as well as a good deal in performance by spreading the air better over the HS. Its only $8 or so. I have a link for pics and stuff to newegg.com in my sig.
    It has 3 different fan controls onboard. And a fourth if you use Q-fan. I use the PCI slot controller. Although I leave it on high most of the time due to the heat right now. As well, it is in my home office so I don't hear it. Even then I don't hear it and my case it on top of my desk now.

:cheers:
    Chez

Quote Originally Posted by homeworld1031tx
    SoulBurner: Im pretty sure that the BIOS is giving accurate temps on the CPU, bceuase its an A7N8X Deluxe, which has sold a lot, and i have never herd of this problem.
    That means absolutely nothing...look what board im using...

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

for once, I'm going to have to agree with Soulburner ...ASUS has never had accurate temp readings to my knowledge. I have the A7N8X deluxe, and I KNOW its off by more than a few degrees
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

The TT 11 comes with a temp. connector you can tape to the bottom of your cpu. So maybe I will try that out this weekend. Although I will use my new fan controller, temp. gauge monitor and see what the temp is on the bottom of the cpu where the mobo monitor is and compare the two.
    If fact, I might just do that tonight to see the difference.
    Its about time to see if my TT 11 has warped or concaved and needs a "lap" job.

Chez

Its been fun testing out the different temps everywhere. Especially on my Zalman heatpipe cooler. I convinced myself it actually works pretty darn good. Better than I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_87th
    Jees Soulburner will you just give it up!? I'm not talking about clocked systems. I'm talking about off the shelf components and stock speeds. Even your system was running at those slower speeds after you clocked it to 800MHz FSB and 3.0GHz and was consistent with the scores of a 9700Pro like you said it would be.

Why am I even bothering to reply to this babbling? :confused:

Chez: Don't be a pessimist man! :p I'm sure we are still in for some amazing technological breakthroughs in the coming few years. All kinds of weird radical manufacturing processes. Even if the core frequencies don't increase much anymore, chip designers will identify the bottlenecks and work to eliminate them.

A good example is Apple computer. They were faced with a CPU that was falling behind so they reworked their systems and the software to utilize dual CPU technology for maximum advantage. Now they have dual 64bit dual processors running at 2.0GHz each on 1000MHz FSB motherboards.

(Please no one add any anti-Mac posts to this thread, I've already had enough of the Intel addicts! ;) )
    stock systems can go to 20,000 ....just check tweaktown's tyan 9600 review. It shows a radeon 9700 benchmark.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Quote Originally Posted by Chezman29

I would also get the TT fan tube to go with it though. I have it personally and I like it. It adds a little extra aestetically as well as a good deal in performance by spreading the air better over the HS. Its only or so. I have a link for pics and stuff to newegg.com in my sig.

Chez

Have you seen thoes attachments for 80 mm HSF's that like vent in air from out side off ur case and put it onto ur CPU???
    They like have foil pipe that connects to the HS/HS assembly, and it then connects to and 80mm fan placement in the rear off you case, so it brings in colder romm tempreture air to to the job.
    Do u think one of those by its self whould be good, or in conjunction only with the attachment you were talking about.
    Also, u are taking about this one right?
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

I know of the ducting mod and have read some reviews on it.

I don't have theneed as all my temps are good, for something like that. Looks like it also clutters up the inside of the case. Good idea, bad execution imo.

It wouldn't be necessary in conjuction with the TT fan duct. Go for one or the other, or neither. I bought it for practical, and aestetics reasons. Not that it was nessesary. I like having new, innovative products that others don't have.

All my temps in all my systems are well within good levels. They all use different HSF, including the TT 9 which some people say isn't good because it uses Aluminum with a copper slug. Which is wrong, because it is a good fan for my setup. It works great.
    Also, ALL COPPER fans are not the best. Some aluminum fans, in the right applications and designs, outperform copper ones.
    There are never "the only", "the one" ect. when it comes to products. You have to pick which one works for you and your system, climate, ect.

Good luck, :cheers:

Chez

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information