Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i am trying to overclock my cable internet but it keepes get

:shoot3: :afro: i tried to overclock my cable, it was 2.1 mb/sec , now its 1.8 mb/sec argh! are there any programs that can help me!!!!!! pls i need help quick

all that is is network conditions, more ppl that use it more chances of a slow-down, what version of windows r u useing, cuz if u got 2k-xp u cant relly do anything in the way of software to "speed-up" ether u illigaly uncap ur modem (not sugested for normal foolz) or u pony up extra bucks for more bandwidth...also u got dsl or cable...usualy cable hasup to 4x more bandwidth then dsl...

There is no "overclocking" you can do to the modem as it has no direct interface with your PC. It is more than likely that the reduced speeds is being caused by more people in your neighborhood utilizing cable internet service. This will have an effect on speeds of all users.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

yeah, i have cable , no one else close to my neighbor hood has cable either, just me and my brother, and ive been trying to overclock with my pc, and i couldnt find the registry to edit that was supposed to find and enter max frame size or something... oh here it is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/
    Services/Class/Net/000n/Ndi/params/MaxFrameSize/"max" ....

thats what its supposed to be and after i go to services i cant find class. i dint let those comcast asses cofigure my modem, they are dumbasses. i hate them. so yeah, i cant find tha registry, i have xp celeron 1.8 256 mb ddr ram 40 gig hd ****ty integrated video and yeah thats about it o and integrated ethernet. i am such a confused noob.. are there any pograms that actually work?

need help:cheers: :shoot3: :2cents: :yuc: :kay:

If you are talking about "uncapping" - don't waste your time. You are capped at your ISP and there is nothing that you can do about it on your end.

Do you really think they would make it that easy...?

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

yeah your right, thanx:cheers: :afro: :shoot2: :?: :blah: :devil win

lol, soulburner...i got attbi...nowcomcast...i uncaped my modem and was running about 10mbit untill the modem reboots, we had a poweroutage and it takes so friggin' long to uncap im too lazy to do it again...but if u got xp tweaking the registry only makes ur **** go slower, everybody i know lost bandwidth due to reg hacks, that ghetto bs only works in win95,98, and nt 4.0. lol, a resh format and reinstall of xp might increase ur speed, but like Darthtanion said, its mostly ur neghborhood and network conditions, if everyone is on it slows down a tad (not quite like thoes dsl commercials made it seam though) and when u say 1.8 where r u getting this from? and what r u doing when u measure this, that has an effect too.

You are one of the lucky then. Very few ISPs work that way anymore. It's probably safe to say 90-95% of ISPs have their bandwidth capped at their servers so there is nothing you can do about it.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

9. Default

I was given this for high speed cable but never tried it so its up to you.

First, u need to goto Start, then run. Type in regedit in the box.
    Next, goto the folder
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\servic es\VxD\MSTCP
    Now, find the string DefaultRcvWindow.Now, edit the number to 64240
    then restart your computer. There you go. High speed cable modem now
    with out dloading a program.

umm my regestry was 64240...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information