Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intel Pentium 4 1.6A Overclocking!

Hey InterTech,
    I also have the Dragon Ultra but with a 2.0a and I can't seem to get the bios settings right for good overclocking.
    Can you tell me some settings for me to use to get my OC higher.
    I'm currently at 2.3ghz with 116 clock setting/1.625 vcore and 3:4 cpu:dram ratio. Nothing great - but stable.

Theres something special about the 1.6a in overclocking it.
    I have a feeling that intel did one of their old numbers in
    having alot of faster chips and marking them at a lower speed....
    to meet the supply and demand for them.....:p

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T
    Hey InterTech,
    I also have the Dragon Ultra but with a 2.0a and I can't seem to get the bios settings right for good overclocking.
    Can you tell me some settings for me to use to get my OC higher.
    I'm currently at 2.3ghz with 116 clock setting/1.625 vcore and 3:4 cpu:dram ratio. Nothing great - but stable.
    Mr. T
    1. take the thermal pad off of the heatsink and use Artic Silver 2 or 3 for better heat transfer.

2. Memory performance should be set to normal and cpu:dram to 1:1. if you can go higher with these settings, then you can play with it later.

3. Increase your vcore using the vid_mod method, procedures found here . Depend on how high your vcore will be, you may need a better heatsink.

4. The 2.0a may not be a good overclocker as the 1.6a.

Good luck...

Is anyone else here sick of the NOISE from Athlon OC'ing?
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ODINN
    Theres something special about the 1.6a in overclocking it.
    I have a feeling that intel did one of their old numbers in
    having alot of faster chips and marking them at a lower speed....
    to meet the supply and demand for them.....:p
    No i think Intel realized it actually needed a 300A again to bring back some popularity again in performance minded communities AND in price minded communities looking for a deal in the mid range CPU system (a 1.6A can be had for equal that of an XP at same speed, i think) Kill two birds with one stone, WHILE selling more procs at a lower price, by only alotting some high speed cores to a lower speed. Hmmm.....
    They'd be idiots not to.

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    No i think Intel realized it actually needed a 300A again to bring back some popularity again in performance minded communities AND in price minded communities

My sentiments exactly..... what irritates me is many (not all mind you!) AMD enthusiasts have forgot or are too new to realise that Intel was the overclocker's best friend prior to the Socket A Athlon/Duron. If Intel can pull off the "300A" trick again, it will be good for all concerned :)

Give a hand to the man at the podium....

Then again, with Intel's prices, you better be able to overclock, just to Approach an equal bang for your buck compared with an athlon...

If I spend 100$ on an Athlon, and You spend 150$ on an Intel, you better be able to get it to 150% of my clock speed, JUST to keep pace with my deal (un-overclocked)

You aren't a AMD fan by any chance are you? :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I am just pointing out simple math....

I am a big fan of intel, as well as AMD. We are very lucky to have both, because it keeps them both on their toes, and gets us technology asap.......

66% of my computers are intel based, and my official opinion on AMD is that everything they touched in the consumer PC market PRE-ATHLON was pure trash. (compared to the pentium 2's of the time...)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information