Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC a cdrw?

ok, this page has info i was hoping to find :)

http://www.cdrinfo.com/tips/hp_oc.shtml

however, after doing it, i don't get the performance i was looking for, and i've coaster'd 4 cdr in the lst few days :(

problem is, i want to go back to what it was and the links for the origonal BIOS on that page don't work and i'm not so sure the one i have is the right one

i tried to flash back to the origonal bios (100E_10N.bin), but the LED on the drive just stays red now - damn

sooooooo - i RE-reflashed back to the 9300, and it's working normal - i haven't tried to use it at the highest setting yet

anyone know where can i get the origonal? my searches didn't turn up anything

Well that's why they always put this in
    [b]We do not take any responsibility about possibly problems/errors/data loss/etc. Do it at your own risk!
    but contact them and they would probably be able to help you.
    :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

thats a silly thread, at today's prices, 130 $ for a Plexwriter 24X.... wow.

Beefy Guest

Some of us can't exactly afford to buy new stuff all the time. I wish I could manage to fork out $300AUS for a plextor drive..

if i was gonna buy a new drive, i'd just get a DVD-RAM and b done with it

of course, that would be after i win the lottery....

ever heard of selling your old one and upgrading?

If you get a choice between a 16x and 20x AOpen CD-RW, buy the 16x - and flash it with the 20x firmware. They are the same drive
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

ct you do not want a DVD-RAM drive. I have a creative DVD-RAM and I hate it. If you wanna go with rewriteable DVD then do with a DVD-RW they are better suited for normal use. You can burn movies to a degree with them and they will work in most DVD-ROM drives. THe DVD-RAM on the other hand resides in a cartiage and can only be played in a drive like that

I'd say don't buy an AOpen, they are corporate partners with Acer, and Acer = A****

I had some success with a 4x4x20 Ricoh CDRW drive. I flashed the BIOS with one for their 6x4x24 drive and the drive would burn CDR's at 6X as long as it liked the media you were using. That drive was real picky about media so I fed it mostly Sony & Kodak media and got some very good use out of it before I sold it on eBay over a year ago.:thumb:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information