Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking guide

Hey guys maybe we should create a guide that is user friendly and is highly visible on the forum? Its just that the amount of people that ask how to overclock their system and people give the exact same reply is amazing. They then can come into the forum and post problems/comments.

I expect this has been suggested before but is it a good idea?

alot of overclocking questions are very specific which is why a unique answer is usually required. For those which aren't specific they are usually refered to the tweaktown overclocking guide and thats them sorted:D The fact there is already a good guide on tweaktown would make your sudgestion of one on the forum nearly useless. :( But i'm not in charge here so lets see what beefy , wiggo , mr .tweak and co have to say:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I couldn't have said it better my slef. TT already has overclocking guides that more people should be taking a look at first. But there is just too many variables to expect to answer most of them with one guide or sticky
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I agree but I did't really mean one that gave you a huge in depth essay about it. We all do the same things to overclock. Up the FSB voltage lower multi so those things are static. If you put those things in a sticky then when they've read that and what a more in depth answer to it then they can come on and ask question I'm overclocking.......

I think referring people to the guide works just as well mate:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Thread Information