Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: how to overclock GF4 Ti 4200

I need help!

I want to overclock my graphic card.
    I need the name of the software that
    can help me in overclocking my graphich
    card.

TNX:hammer:

Get the registry hack "coolbits", here's a link to one of the many sites it can be downloaded from: http://www.softnews.ro/public/cat/12/1/12-1-31.shtml

All you do is install and then bump up the sliders a little at a time. Your stock mhz is 250 core/512 ram. You should hit 270/540 with no problem. From there, bump up each about 5 mhz at a time. Play a gfx demanding game (like UT2003) or loop benchmark using 3dmark2001 and look for pauses in the the video or artifacts. These are hints that your card is overheating and you need to take it back down to the safest notch. How far you can go depends on your gfx card's cooling and your case cooling. Just keep bumping up each 5mhz at a time and test. Also, bumping up the RAM will give you a lot more performance than bumping up the GPU (core). If you wanna be able to go further, put on some RAM sinks (if your card doesnt come with them) or get some better thermal grease. Cheers and good luck, : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

You'll find a few utilities right here, http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb....category&id=13 ;)

Thread Information