Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Ideas for OCing a laptop?




  1. #21
    Beefy Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat
    Hehe.. like hell.

    I had the displeasure of having to use one at school... :hammer:
    Then you've got no idea what you're missing out on. I really do think less of people when they discredit something even if they haven't fully explored the capabilities...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    83

    Default

    No, i have an idea of what i am missing. After working with them for a year, i am still very much in love with the PC world (Linux, somewhat Windows *but much more than mac*).

    But, i guess doing PS work and AV work still dont gimme enough credit, huh? Do i have to be a hardcore hippie before i do? :P

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat
    Hehe.. like hell.
    Then you are voicing an opinion on something you know little about.

    I have a couple of them here along with a couple of Windows boxes. I am very familiar with these machines and find that most people who dislike them don't really know anything about them.

    Being open minded is a virtue and offers it's own rewards.
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody_87th
    Then you are voicing an opinion on something you know little about.

    I have a couple of them here along with a couple of Windows boxes. I am very familiar with these machines and find that most people who dislike them don't really know anything about them.

    Being open minded is a virtue and offers it's own rewards.
    and so are you. he already stated he has plenty of experience with Mac's ...probably more experience than most of the people in these forums. as far as I'm concerned he has more than enough experience to know he dislikes them.

    You like mac's? ...good for you. But do not assume that because you like them so must everyone else. I used a mac for several years before I got my first PC; and along with madcat (and more than a few other people), I have no use or desire for another Mac. You have been warned about your snide remarks before, I suggest you take heed.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    and so are you. he already stated he has plenty of experience with Mac's ...probably more experience than most of the people in these forums. as far as I'm concerned he has more than enough experience to know he dislikes them.

    You like mac's? ...good for you. But do not assume that because you like them so must everyone else. I used a mac for several years before I got my first PC; and along with madcat (and more than a few other people), I have no use or desire for another Mac. You have been warned about your snide remarks before, I suggest you take heed.
    Thx bubba.

    Anyway,my mac expereince includes:
    Basic repair and maintance
    OS9 and OSX (gotta say, for obvious reasons, OSX kicks the crap outta 9, but then again, it is a unix base, and we all know what other great things unix made... :D)
    I was taught PS6 on a Mac
    I was taught Premere 5 on a Mac (though, not as in depth as the PS class)

    Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinions. People can bash Linux for its command-line interface (though, there are some sweet GUIs, CM line is still the most efficient), but does that make them wrong? No, it only makes them oppinionated. Really, there is no need to insult. I always welcome debates, but not when they are insult based.

    Anyway, good day sir..

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    214

    Default

    My apologies to Divine_Madcat, I didn't see his later post.

    I really can't stand negative comments directed at other people's posts for no reason. It is really much better to voice no opinion rather than a totally subjective negative opinion. An honest objective review of a product or issue you feel negatively about is completely different. Contradicting someone else's opinion without a valid argument is rude.

    Obviously in this case Divine_Madcat did validate his opinion. Unfortanately many others don't.

    Maybe I just don't understand all the passion people seem to feel over their hardware. My understanding is the greater the variety of technologies out there the more beneficial it is to us all. Why on earth do some people associate their passion for one piece of hardware with a bitter dislike for it's competitor? It is the very competition and variety that makes it interesting and exciting. You don't always have to like it to appreciate it.

    The admins here should understand this most of all.
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody_87th
    My apologies to Divine_Madcat, I didn't see his later post.

    I really can't stand negative comments directed at other people's posts for no reason. It is really much better to voice no opinion rather than a totally subjective negative opinion. An honest objective review of a product or issue you feel negatively about is completely different. Contradicting someone else's opinion without a valid argument is rude.

    Obviously in this case Divine_Madcat did validate his opinion. Unfortanately many others don't.

    Maybe I just don't understand all the passion people seem to feel over their hardware. My understanding is the greater the variety of technologies out there the more beneficial it is to us all. Why on earth do some people associate their passion for one piece of hardware with a bitter dislike for it's competitor? It is the very competition and variety that makes it interesting and exciting. You don't always have to like it to appreciate it.

    The admins here should understand this most of all.
    Its all good bro. :cheers:

    But, here is something to think about. Why do people like Ducatti's over Hondas? Both make great bikes, and both are just pieces of hardware. The same could be said for cars, planes, or even food. What it boils down to, is human nature. It is hard to stay open to all possibilities. We end up liking something more than something else, for whatever reason, and support it.

    This kind of behavior is taken further when something is a hobby. For your example, computers. Liking one piece of hardware over another is no more wrong or odd than liking one car over another.

    But, look on a deeper level. Opinions always have a foundation, even if it is shallow. Sure, alot of PC noobs will tell you why they hate Macs (or, at least why they think they do); but that is just opinion. But, if you go to the educated people, they will tell you why they feel like they do. For some, they may be more comfy with the feel of Windows. Or, some may like the challenge of linux. I could go on, but you see my point.

    Just try to keep in mind, that even if not said, there is always a reason behind something or someone. A user may have had a crappy ATI graphics cards, and only chooses NV now, even if they are slower. Or, vice-versa. Some like AMDs, thanks to thier awsome price, even if they start off slower than a P4. its all in experience.

    Anyway, just something to think about. :)

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Well said!
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •