Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for OCing a laptop?

Hello guys!

I recently got myself a new laptop. Now, i know its no slouch, but its no fun leaving things running at stock. So, i wanna OC it. Problem is, like any other laptop, its Bios blows and you cant do anything with it. But, here is what i know:

The laptop is made by Clevo for Sager
    The Mobo is made by Clevo
    The chipset is the i865/ICH5
    I dont know what make/# the PLL chip is.

So, thats it really. Just, any ideas would be great. :D

CPUFSB and SoftFSB are about ya only hope and a video overcolockin' program (if ya know what the GPU is) but I wouldn't o/c a laptop/notebook for the simple reason bein' that heat is very hard to handle in those very confined spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    CPUFSB and SoftFSB are about ya only hope and a video overcolockin' program (if ya know what the GPU is) but I wouldn't o/c a laptop/notebook for the simple reason bein' that heat is very hard to handle in those very confined spaces.
    Hehe.. ur talking to a crazy OCer here... (go watercooling!)

But, i know about the heat risk. But, this laptop ships with 3.2 Ghz.. there should be no problem getting there.

I think you're really gonna be stuck at that speed. If you try to raise the FSB, the ram they use will probably crap out on you because most likely it will just barely run at 200mhz anyway. With no voltage options there's no way to fix that. Also you can't switch to a divider or anything through software, so you're out of luck that way too.

I've seen something about a notebook cooler recently, made by Antec I think. It may help with those higher OC temps.

*yep, here it is: http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details...p?ProdID=75004
    but I don't know if it's anygood
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereignty
    I think you're really gonna be stuck at that speed. If you try to raise the FSB, the ram they use will probably crap out on you because most likely it will just barely run at 200mhz anyway. With no voltage options there's no way to fix that. Also you can't switch to a divider or anything through software, so you're out of luck that way too.
    I know, but i dont mind taking the chance.

I bet i could get CPUFSB to work, but i dont know my PLL chip, so, im kinda SOL.... :(

I hope you plug your laptop into the wall, because your battery life is gonna be about an hour tops.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Actually, it already is below an hour.. lol

Course, thing is, i wouldnt run it at Max speed when on battery, so its a moot point... :P

Sorry but in my mind o/c'n it is a mute point so I'd suggest gettin' comfortable with what ya have already. : peace2:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Sorry but in my mind o/c'n it is a mute point so I'd suggest gettin' comfortable with what ya have already. : peace2:
    Its all good. :)

If nothing else, ill jsut buy a P4 EE 3.4, and slap it in.. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information