Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can I get more?

Quote Originally Posted by The Evolved One
    as i said in my first post...

I Don't Have Vcore Options in my bios

and yes i do have the latest bios, isn't there some hidden stuff in gigabyte bios's? if so how to i get to it?
    At the main BIOS page press Ctrl + F1 as Gigabyte usually hide their performance options.

Thanks for that Wiggo now i can change memory timings and other things that I couldn't before but unfortunetly..... no voltage settings!:hammer:
    Any more ideas?

I think that the onboard soundcard's microphone port mightn't be working, if it isn't i can claim under warranty and possibly get a new board...
    anyone know any good programs for testing microphone's?

The Evolved One

Windows sound recorder.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

The only thing that I can suggest is a better HSF and hopin' that keepin' it a bit cooler will stabilise it other than doin' more major upgadin'. Also what's ya case ventilation like? Does it cool down a lot while runnin' with the side off? :?:

But then it just maybe like my 2.4B that just refuses to go past 2.71GHz with any sort of stability (but then it involves a lot of luck too). :shrug:

Also depends on your supporting hardware (memory, motherboard). My 2.4b (Phillipines chip, least potential of them all) can do 3.06 but barely...it takes 1.75-1.80v to get there and its still unstable so I just run it at stock.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

My setup should've got that chip to 3GHz easy (8PE667Pro, XMS3500) but.... :shrug:

I've since downgraded the memory with a cheaper Kingmax PC3200 module (absolute bad luck is with the CPU) and used the XMS in something else that could use it.

: omg: : omg: : omg:
    i don't believe i forgot about Windows Sound Recorder...
    anyway it turns out that it was the microphone itself not the microphone port...:( :thumbs do
    no new motherboard for me
    i might possibly get a new HSF... i also need some 3 to 4 pin fan connectors because i have to spare fans laying around doing nothing with space left to cool! do you no if u can get these at like Dick Smiths or Tandy?
    currenlty i only have one 80mm intake... but that helped incredibly in lowering case temps.
    i still might try it in my parents office... to see if the temps make any difference...

Thanks for your help :cheers:

The Evovled One

Both do carry fans (depends a lot on the store owner as to what they stock) though they arn't cheap, or have a great selection (Jaycar also if they have them up that end of the continent). Dick Smith and Jaycar usually have all the bits to make the 3-4pin convertors. No decent decent PC stores up there in the tropical top end? :?:

theres basically no computer stores up here, 1 or 2 specialty stores but they are DAMN expensive... and 1 major computer warehouse Hallmark.
    Other than that theres the usal chain shops (Harvey Norman, Chandlers etc etc) and this ain't gonna help me.
    Well ill just have to stay @ my 1910mhz until i get some cooling inspiration or ideas from fellow Tweakers/Overclockers.

The Evolved One

Ya could always try Below Zero (Brisbane based) as they ship all over Australia.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information