Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 fold question... bus speeds, glitch, overclocking

Hum.....it seems like its oced to far.. I my self had problems with my ga-7nnxp when ocing.... you could try and rase a few of you volts up a bit...

i dont think it has anything to do with oc'ing.. because the problem has always happened.. even when I ran it at factory defaults.. being 1.833 (2500+)mhz and normal voltages.
    and it only happens when i am playing games.. i can do anything in windows.. run any programs.. do normal everyday things for days at a time with no problems.. its only when playing a game.. and its never regular.. happens sometimes after playing for ten mins.. sometimes 30.. sometimes not at all (very rarely tho)..
    but only during games...
    beginning to think it has something to do with the fx 5200 card... but u would figure it would be more well known.
    i have pretty a pretty common and high quality setup..
    i personally believe it to be either the power supply.. or the fx5200..
    i am looking into an fx5600 256M card
    or even a ti4200 128.. i hear they are solid.
    if anyone has any other opinions.. please feel free to let me know.. im pretty stumped so far..
    and if i do get it figured out i will definately post it

thanks again for the help ppl
    Life can be rough.. like sandpaper..

Ok just thought of something that worked with my bord. Try a diferent power supply... it made my computer so stable its not funney.... odd thing is it sucks there are less amps on each line and its less wattage :wow: but it makes it work even when oced. If that doesent work try upgrading your bios and try installing newest mobo driver.....you could also try the new 52.16 drivers for your vid card. But if your going to try to get a new vid card....you should look at ati... i my self use to be a nvida fan till the fx came out.... they cost too much and they dont preform as well as ati...but ther drivers rock. It took me 4 reformats new vid card bios and a pry to god to get the standard at drivers installed but now that they it rocks.
    Gaming Rig
    -----------
    Ga-7nnxp
    Amd 2200+ @ 2800+
    256 mb @ 334mhz
    Vocano 12
    160gig hd
    Radeon 9800 se softmodded to 9800 pro |Core @ 391 mhz Ram @ 297

Sever
    -----------------
    Ga-7zxe
    950 Duron
    764 mb sdram @ 133 mhz
    5gig, 20 gig
    raid ata133
    stock heatsink\w 120mm copy meachine fan "Blows so many cfms that its not even funny!!!"

well as for the bios.. i upgraded to the newest bios a while ago.. that was one of the first things i did..
    i have tried the newest vid card drivers.. and older ones.. from both the nvidia site and the asus site
    its an asus card.. nvidia chipset.
    i might swap in my original power supply.. as much of a ***** as that is.. and see what happens.. sucks tho.. cuz that means one less controllable fan.. and less power..
    problem is.. with the case i have.. i need 3-4 extra power connectors for the 7 case fans.. not to mention the cold cathode light to make it look sweet heh
    but i guess theres no point in it looking sweet if it doesnt run solid..
    i just dont understand why the thermaltake power supply would be worse off than a standard power supply... doesnt seem to make much sense..
    will give it a try tho thanks..

Are you using the same install of XP from a previous setup? When you got these new parts did you do a format and clean install?

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

yes.. i have formatted and clean installed about 15-25 times in the last few months..
    everytime i try something new hoping it fixes the probs i do a fresh install.
    even if there were no problems with my system i still do a fresh install every few months (like every 3-6) because i like things tidy.
    my secondary drive has folders set aside for all my driver install files etc. to make an install quicker. I can fresh install xp pro from start to finish in less than two hours. (start to finish includes all drivers, setup and frequently used programs)
    base install takes about 20-30 mins

anyways.. dont know why i just rambled on there.. :confused: heh

'yes.. i did', would be the long story short :thumb:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information