Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: You like ????

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OCing a XP2600+

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    That's a different story. I know its a good heatsink for the money and the noise, but he didn't say he wanted that. I only pointed out what cools the best.
    Well honestly for a nice HSF the TTSB is probablymy top choice, even for OC'ing. Cause its silent, and cools damn good at that.

Also a Volcano 7+ on Medium is a damn good midly quiet CPU cooler.

*Sidenote: Trust me Aolgar, you dont want a loud HSF, as i just got rid of one that was stuck on high, and im now on a P4 Retail HSF and having the decently quiet PC is a huge plus

That's a different story. I know its a good heatsink for the money and the noise, but he didn't say he wanted that. I only pointed out what cools the best.
    well that's all fine and dandy, but he wasn't too specific on what kind of hsf he was looking for. Don't go bashing on other people just because they don't agree with your product(s) of choice.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Well honestly for a nice HSF the TTSB is probablymy top choice, even for OC'ing. Cause its silent, and cools damn good at that.

Also a Volcano 7+ on Medium is a damn good midly quiet CPU cooler.

*Sidenote: Trust me Aolgar, you dont want a loud HSF, as i just got rid of one that was stuck on high, and im now on a P4 Retail HSF and having the decently quiet PC is a huge plus
    You have got to be kidding me. Top choice for overclocking? Not even close. Even an Aeroflow outperforms the entire TT line and its still quiet and cheap.

And who said it has to be loud? The Thermalrights are just heatsinks. You pick the fan that goes on it.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbiker
    Which one did you get?
    i got a FireStar from 3DCool.com. I need less dba level then 30 and more airflow:?:. Soulburner, minibubba this is a poll not ing place.:hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by Aolgar
    i got a FireStar from 3DCool.com. I need less dba level then 30 and more airflow:?:. Soulburner, minibubba this is a poll not ing place.:hammer:
    Yes its a poll but its also a forum where there will always be debates.

You asked a question, I answered it.

And I thank you for that, but try to be friendly.

NO, Soulburner, in actual fact you don't tend to give answers as much you openly dictate your Brandname preferances/indorsements in an unacceptably condesending
    manner. And in the 3 short weeks since i have returned to TT,
    after a 3 month medical leave, i've grown rather weary of your
    neo-nazi Hitleresque attitude toward other TT members; and i
    can only hope for your sake that if you intend to stick around that
    you,at the very least try to grow up and start treating others as you expect to be treated..........with respect and dignity.

And to Aolgar, Welcome to TT and please don't mistake soulburners attitude as anything close to standard TT behavior, as it's not even close by a long shot. And please try to understand
    Minibubba's interjection as a Moderator who finds it neccessary
    to enforce TT forum policy through reminders that may at times
    seem like *****ing, but, in fact are mandatory due to some SmackTards constant & unacceptable behavior.

And i would hope that neither of you take this out of context and
    walk away feeling this post has been anything other than a peace
    negotiation. Thanks for your time. And Enjoy your time here at TT
    by giving others the respect that you would expect to receive in return. Just my 10 cents worth as it's a bit longer than just:2cents:
    :wave: :group:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aolgar
    Wel than go with the ThermalTake Silent Boost

Well for the top notch cooling you'd want a Thermalright but as those can be a bit expensive the Thermaltake makes very good alternatives.

To tell you the truth there are many competent coolers out there in different priceranges but leave all cheap aluminium hsf's out as those are bad and not worth the 10 bucks you can save.

Personally I'd get the Thermalright SLK900U combined with a quiet 92mm Zalman fan, you cannot get better lownoise aircooling than that but as stated it has it's price.. :2cents:

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    NO, Soulburner, in actual fact you don't tend to give answers as much you openly dictate your Brandname preferances/indorsements in an unacceptably condesending
    manner. And in the 3 short weeks since i have returned to TT,
    after a 3 month medical leave, i've grown rather weary of your
    neo-nazi Hitleresque attitude toward other TT members; and i
    can only hope for your sake that if you intend to stick around that
    you,at the very least try to grow up and start treating others as you expect to be treated..........with respect and dignity.
    Brandname preferences? Endorsements? What the hell are you smoking? Get me some, please.

AS I said, out of those choices on the list, Thermalright makes THE best product. THAT IS NOT a preference, that is a fact. Don't like it? Then stick to your thermaltake and don't talk to me again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information