Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Time OverClocker on AMD 2400+

AS3 is about $13aus for 3g
    AS5 is about $10.50aus for 3.5g
    AS Ceramique is about $8aus for 2.7g

Get yourself some AS5 instead, the price is good and the performance is great.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Yeh i will, thanks for that :thumb:

Ohh yeh what does ram timing do?
    Like the figures wat do they mean 2,2,2,6 ??

Yes Finally i got my Aero 7+ and installed with artic silver 3 applied to both cpu and heat sink.

my current rading of the temps r

idle 35
    load 38

but gonna let it burn in like u guyz said for about 4-5 days b4 i start to OC it.

muahaha can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by PcNoob
    Ohh yeh what does ram timing do?
    Like the figures wat do they mean 2,2,2,6 ??
    These numbers stand for T-RAS, T-RCD, T-RP, and CAS Latency. Here's how it is explained in the MSI K7N2 Manual:

T-(RAS)
    This setting controls the number of clock cycles for DRAM to be allowed to precharge from the active state. Settings: 1 through 15.
    T-(RCD)
    When DRAM is refreshed, both rows and columns are addressed separately. This setup item allows you to determine the timing of the transition from RAS (row address strobe) to CAS (column address strobe). The less the clock cycles, the faster the DRAM performance. Setting options: 1 through 7.
    T-(RP)
    This item controls the number of cycles for Row Address Strobe (RAS) to be allowed to precharge. If insufficient time is allowed for the RAS to accumulate its charge before DRAM refresh, refresh may be incomplete and DRAM may fail to retain data. This item applies only when synchronous DRAM is installed in the system. Available settings: 1 through 7.
    CAS Latency
    The field controls the CAS latency, which determines the timing delay before RAM starts a read command after receiving it. Setting options are: 2, 2.5, and 3. 2T increases system performance while 3T provides more stable system performance.

Edit: Ok, for 2,2,2,6, it should be CAS Latency, T-RCD, T-RP, and T-RAS (in that order).
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

ok guys my OCing adventure begins! Now bare with me cause i'm only a noob. What i've done is pretty much thru the bios changed it from 133 to 145 which is running at 2.18Ghz and it detects it as 2600+. If i go nefurther i can't. so ne ideas?

ohh yeh temps idel 40 load 45.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information