Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Time OverClocker on AMD 2400+

OK guyz i'm thinking of OCing my AMD 2400+

Is curreently at 2.01ghz i wanna c if i can get it to a stable 2.2 or higher if possible. But i'm happy with what ever performance i get with out killing the CPU through time.

this is what i've got

- GA-7AVXP(mobo)
    - 512 samsung PC2700
    - ATI Radeon 9800 pro (with Zalmens Heatpipe cooling with fan)

Can i get a suggestion on a good cooling Heat sink for my CPU first b4 i start overclocking.

Ohh yeh and i'm planning to use the EasyTuen4 overclocking Utility that came with my mobo. Tell me if i should just stick to stright bios.

THanks Guyz

1. coolermaster Jet 7 is good to keep u in the air if u wanna fly hi.

2. I don't know I have never heard of that utility.

plus keeping it @ 2200 should be easy but going higher I don't know about.

ratio@11
    FSB@220
    RAM timings 2,2,2,6

these are my numbers. :D

and there are many pages that have good gides on how to oc and there are some guides here @ tweaktown

I'm partial to usin' Volcano 7+'s but there are quite a few other good HSF's on the market but likely not as cheap.

Those KT400 based mobo's don't really like runnin' at 200MHz FSB but that won't stop ya from turnin' that CPU from a 133MHz unit into a 166MHz one (with your memory this would be ideal as PC2700 won't likely run at 200MHz anyway).

Easytune4 is ok to use to find what the system is capable of but once ya find it then jump it the BIOS and make the changes more permanent (ya'll likely get further thru the BIOS then with software anyway). Also when ya get to the BIOS' index page press Ctrl + F1 and this will bring up an advanced options page (Gigabyte only).

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PcNoob
    Ohh yeh and i'm planning to use the EasyTuen4 overclocking Utility that came with my mobo. Tell me if i should just stick to stright bios.
    Try this guide: AMD Overclocking Guide - October 2002
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    I really doubt that he'd need that as the KT400 chipset itself (just like the nForce2) will unlock T'breds and Bartons.

Would the Coolermaster Aero 7+ be good nuff for this project? Because i'm thinking of getting that.

Would the Coolermaster Aero 7+ be good nuff for this project? Because i'm thinking of getting that.
    That should do the trick.

Eh i just found out that 1 of the wings of my case fan has broken off. Could this be bad for air flow? cause i'm thinking of getting a new 1 now with the Aero 7+.

Eh i just found out that 1 of the wings of my case fan has broken off. Could this be bad for air flow?
    Wing? :confused:
    Do ya mean a fan blade and if so then the fan won't last long as it'd be runnin' out of balance which will cause the bearin'/s to fail makin' the fan useless so replace it quick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information