Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Newbe Needs Help

Hey Guys I'm upgradeing my system tommarrow and i was wondering what kinda over clock do you guys think i can get with this set up (Im new to OverClocking but not new to the tecnical aspect of PCs so)

P4 2.8C
    Abit IC7 Max3 Mobo
    512 x 2 PC4000 Dual Channel OCZ ram
    Koolance Case
    and a GeForce 4 Ti4200 (64 Meg DDR) (yea its old i know, im ganna be upgrading to a ATI when i get some spare change but it works fine for now)

Also any help on how to over clock this system would be great sense like i said i dont really know how. im not new to tweaking the bios or anything so dont worry about that.

I really wish people would be a little more creative with their thread titles...

not to be rude, but if you would search a little you will find a great deal of information in these forums about overclocking. no 2 CPUs OC the same so it wont do any of us any good to tell you what we think you should get. You will know your hardware's limit when you reach it.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Yep there's certainly a lack of imagination around here lately with thread titles. :(

crazyzer just bump the CPU voltage up a notch or two and then start raisin' the FSB up until ya can't go any further.

Well if your cooling is adequate you are already guaranteed 250fsb (DDR500) or 3.5Ghz.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

I've read that you can hit 3.5 stablely w/ just a good heat sink and a fan. So do you think its possable to hit 4 w/ water cooling?

Thread Information