Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: athlon 2600xp w/soyo mobo help??

ok, i have an athlon xp 2600 processor with an soyo kt400 dragon ultra mobo..now i know that my settings arnt like they should be..there slower...i want a sorta overclocked, not too fast cause i dont want it to over heat and what not..(have no water cooling just 5 fans) i dont understand those ratios and things so would really like some help to make it faster...thanks

well, since ur mobo is a KT400, i think the muitlyplyer will stay locked or at default settings. so, the only way u can OC with tat board is to rise the FSB. get pc3500 or pc3200 if u dont have to money, and try to see if u can Overclock at less to 200mhz fsb. (if urs is the 266mhz version pc3200 will do). For the ratio part, u should make it to 1:1. tat means that the ram and the cpu FSB will run sync at the same MHZ. So, say if my cpu fsb is at 200x11, and my ram is at 400mhz ddr, then both will run together at the same mhz.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

well, since ur mobo is a KT400, i think the muitlyplyer will stay locked or at default settings. so, the only way u can OC with tat board is to rise the FSB.
    KT400 unlocks all Tbred and Barton cores, and since that 2600 is a Tbred, its unlocked

i was just talking to one of my friends dad and said that my comp could be set faster than it already is....i dont know much about the cmos and i would like to set it to its max without overclocking it to much...:confused:
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Crappy
    ok, i have an athlon xp 2600 processor with an soyo kt400 dragon ultra mobo..now i know that my settings arnt like they should be..there slower...i want a sorta overclocked, not too fast cause i dont want it to over heat and what not..(have no water cooling just 5 fans) i dont understand those ratios and things so would really like some help to make it faster...thanks
    Sorry but I have little confidence in 2nd tier manufactures but with that chipset ya should be able to up the multiplier and then the FSB a bit though if ya had an nForce2 mobo I'd suggest goin' to 10-10.5 x 200MHz if ya had PC3200 memory. Really no VIA chipset (or any other) matches the nForce2 for permance or overclockin' with a K7 CPU.

Thread Information