Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: p4 2.8 memory question?

i have a p4 2.8 800 fsb on a intel 865perl.i have 1g of corsair ddr 400 running dual channel.whould it be worth while to overclock this ram?if so how do i do this or can i do this on a intel board?

that ram has xp'enced my dad well but intel mobo's haven't

Intel mobo's simply sucks when it comes to OC

your cpu and ram are currently in sync so just overclocking the ram wont help you much. The best approach would be to boost the FSB and OC the CPU, which will bring the RAM along with it. I don't know how far you will get OC'ing on that mobo, but you might as well try and see what you can get.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

ok i dont think that really answered my question....f.y.i. the intel board may suck for overclocking but it is the most dependable board i have ever had....its there when you need it!

Quote Originally Posted by finkman8
    whould it be worth while to overclock this ram?if so how do i do this or can i do this on a intel board?
    i think i answered that just fine, but perhaps I should rephrase:

"There is no point in only overclocking just the RAM. However, overclocking the CPU (which will overclock the RAM) will be beneficial, assuming your mobo will support a decent OC."

Now you didn't ask how to overclock a cpu so I left that out. But I'll throw it in for the hell of it. Reboot and enter your BIOS (look in your manual for the correct key to press) and find the options that regulate the FSB. Now systematically increase the FSB a little at the time, reboot and run benchmarks to ensure stablilty. Repeat process until windows becomes unstable. Incresing the voltage to the CPU and RAM may become necessary to maintain a stable overclock.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Yes Intel made mobo's are quick and dependable but the sad fact is that Intel themselves don't like overclockers thus they don't cater for them. An ASUS P4P800 Deluxe based on the same chipset is just as fast and stable as the Intel made one but with the ASUS one you will be able overclock (no point in overclockin' the memory though without doin' the same to the CPU).

ok thanks for all the help........:)

Thread Information