Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to overclocking can someone have look pls

If it is a "normal" case, it should fit in. How many slots does it have at the backside, for PCI and AGP?
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

Brapuss these guys have great advices. Having high FSB and RAM to lower the bandwidth bottleneck is good. However, you have to keep in mind guys that dropping your multiplier too low so you can achieve higher fsb is not a good way to overclock also. For example, say you have a big factory (high multiplier) being able to produce a lot of goods, but you only have a few trucks (low FSB) to transfer those goods to the market. The opposite is that you have a lot of trucks (high FSB) , but now, your factory is slow, therefore, not producing enough goods to make good use of those trucks, then what good are those trucks? You must remember to always to keep the two balance.

to answer your ram question up on the very top Brapuss, i only have pc2100 Cas Latency of 2.5, which should only meant to run at 266Mhz, but right now i overclock it to 324Mhz and lower the latency to 2.0, my ram is kingston. As you can see I could have gotten my computer to run beyond 2.15Ghz, but the ram I have can't handle it any higher, so I figure paying for a Barton 2500+ and PC2100, i now got barton 3000+ and very close to PC2700 is not bad at all. good luck with your system, when you got it built, or overclock stably, remember to post your speed so we can know.:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Lone7
    For example, say you have a big factory (high multiplier) being able to produce a lot of goods, but you only have a few trucks (low FSB) to transfer those goods to the market. The opposite is that you have a lot of trucks (high FSB) , but now, your factory is slow, therefore, not producing enough goods to make good use of those trucks, then what good are those trucks? You must remember to always to keep the two balance.
    Now thats what I cal creativity :thumb:

thanks for the tip Lone7

my case only has enough room for a board with 3 pci and 1 agp so im pretty much stuffed on case size.

i just need to figure out if i need a new power supply its only 250 watt

does anyone know of a good site to find power consumption of components in a pc.

Lone7 - so what you saying is i need to benchmark with different multiplyers and FSB , just dont drop the multiplyer and crank the FSB?

Cheers for your help guys , with all the reading im doing and your tips im gonna get this right.

I find that the Antec PP1080AMG w/ 430W PSU is a good buy at around $235aus (a big case with plenty of room and very sturdy) but the Antec Lanboy is smaller and cheaper though both have good airflow properties.

Antec SLK3700 Solution Series Super Mini Tower Case

this is the case im going with now

it has bigger fan spots than the lanboy only 70 bucks aussie with no power supply.

so i will need a bigger power supply you rekon?

will 350 be enough

im only running a geforce 4 mx440 with 128 ram

and an areo 7+ on the cpu and two 120mm fans

Sorry but I havn't used a PSU below 400W in a very long time but do check to make sure that the combined 3.3v & 5v rails will supply around 185-200W (all good PSU's will have this value marked on them).

you got it Brapuss. Test out with different multiplier and fsb to find the best speed for your cpu. Best there means the highest most stable speed that allow you to run for a long period of time.

You see, high multiplier is good for encoding and decoding images, sounds, and video. Whereas high FSB is good for memory extensive applications, say 3D games for example.

No need to thank me, glad i could help. Hey if I don't know something, it's nice to have help too :). Knowledge is boundless

there is a saying "great minds discuss ideas, regular discuss events, small minds discuss people" good luck:cheers:

found this case

what do you guys think

about au$60 with 400watt power supply

Doesn't look like much for front airflow to me. What kind of specs are on that PSU, IE manufacturer, 3.3v+5v rails, and the 12v rail

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information