Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Temp. Q.

Hey, I just got a P4 2.8C and when im running it the temp is running at 110-115 and i OCed it to 3.06 (not alot but I have the heatsink and fan that came w/ the chip) and its running at 120-125. When i run 3DMark01 SE the chip goes over 140 (i dont know how much) Ive read that you should never let your chip go above 115. but the chip runs higher then that not OCed. So what are normal running temp? Maybe i put to much thermal compound on im thinking.

Don't know too much about Intels, but for an AMD, these temperatures should be fine. I don't know how exact the temperatures are, when measured by yor mainboard-sensors. Anyway, if you want to go for some overclocking, you should look out for a better cooling solution.
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

I don't now how many times I've answered this question b4 but I'd be rich at a $ a time. Intel CPU's monitor themselves and will throttle themselves down when they get to about 75C and if that doesn't get things to run cooler then they shut themselves down. Thermal grease should only be applied as thick as thin paper.

Thread Information