Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: how hot does your proc get?

hi all, was just wondering what the normal temp for an oc'd amd proc is.

I have a 2200 running at 2.10 ghz, at idle the temp is 114 (45.5 C)according to asus probe. when i run intense games, it can get up to 125 (51.6 C)... is this to hot?

p.s. i dont remember what the voltage is off the top of my head, but i know if i turn it down the pc will shut off during gaming.

any input would be appriciated. thx

Sorry but there's no such thing as "normal temp for an oc'd amd proc". Does the PC run a lot cooler while the side is off? If so ya'll have to look at ya case's airflow even though those temps arn't to bad they're a little high for my likin' (room temp at that time would help to be a better guage though) but the Anal Probe software isn't the most reliable software around either (try MBM5 and see if ya get similar or different readings). If temps get near 60C then really start to worry.

I thought they seemed kinda high.

I actually have the side panel off. and i have 3 fans pointing at the heat sink from diff angles.

thx for the tip on mbm5 will check it out

Originally posted by Radicus
    and i have 3 fans pointing at the heat sink from diff angles.
    I don't know if that's a good solution. You should actually create an air*flow* inside your case, and that includes, but is not limited to, fans blowing out hot air.
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicus
    hi all, was just wondering what the normal temp for an oc'd amd proc is.

I have a 2200 running at 2.10 ghz, at idle the temp is 114 (45.5 C)according to asus probe. when i run intense games, it can get up to 125 (51.6 C)... is this to hot?

p.s. i dont remember what the voltage is off the top of my head, but i know if i turn it down the pc will shut off during gaming.

any input would be appriciated. thx
    my 2500+ Barton runs at around 46-50c while surfing, heavy gaming lifts it up to about 53c...system stays under 20c around 15-18c most of the time.

i use arctic silver 3 and 2 case fans; one input one output and a power supply fan into the case.

i think its a bit hot but until i get a new HSF i cant do too much about it....:(
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

just curious, would ram have anything to do with it?
    i have pos oem hewlert packard ram, 512mb made by samsung.
    would gettin good ram make run cooler??

Yeah thats a point does ram give off a lot of heat? Is it worth getting those heat sink things for them?

Ta Ta Steve W (Mr Scruff)

my clock multiplier is set at 15.(wont go below 13) and my fsb is set at 140. I cant turn up my fsb, and i thinks its cause of my ram.
    I think my multiplier being so high.(?) is making my proc run hot.
    sound right to anyone? maybe when i can afford decent ram i can try upping the fsb. who knows maybe i can even get 2.2:p

my AMD 2800+ is running at a cool 32.6 degrees while surfing here
    prolly will be a little higher when playing games
    if it gets too hot, I'll just turn up the RPM of the cpucooler :)
    Tomorrow today will be yesterday.

http://members.chello.nl/~m.mulder1/Neokicking.gif

Thread Information