Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Matching Cpu and ram speed question..

Hi, I am new to this forum, and I'm wondering what speed ddr ram I should buy for my Athlon Xp +3200, 400mhz fsb to have absolutely no bottlenecks so both cpu and ram will run at full speed. Also what speed ram for a 333mhz fsb cpu to eliminate bottlenecks... thanks

i have a GA-7n400 Pro2 mobo with dual channel capabilities

I use PC3500 memory myself and have had no problems. Just make sure to get some that allows for low latency settings.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

So if I get PC3200 which runs at 400mhz, and match it up with a Athlon XP +3200 which is also 400mhz fsb then I would have no bottlenecks?

Probably not, but depending on the modules, you may be limited in overclocking capabilities. If this isn't an issue, then the PC3200 should work just fine.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles.php?dCategory=memory

take a look there, particular at the Memory Roundups. you will find some very useful information on individual overclocking benchmarks for different brands.

:thumb:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Thread Information