Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My amd 2000+ went to a 1900+

I've used rear defrost repair paint for the bridge, what do you recommend to clean it? I was thinking of using nail polish remover.

I didn't realize the mobo was capable of unlocking the chip? I thought all chip to be oc needs to be bridged??? Im not sure how the mobo are able to bi pass the L1?

oh and also if I clean it off and take it back where it was, how can I still get running 1.74GHz becuase before when it was saying a 2000+ amd I couldn't get to pass 1.68 GHZ without it crashing and if I go any higher it just wouldn't boot up. And so thats why I came up with the conclusion that I needed to bridge the L1.

Sorry but your conclusion was very wrong, as I said the L1 bridge trick only works for Palamino and earlier cores. Try the nail polish remover and I hope that it works for ya. With the nForce2 ya must keep the memory and CPU's FSB at the same speed so if ya got the memory set to SPD then it'll be runnin' faster than the FSB so either set it to auto or change to Expert settings. With the Expert settings sellected you should also try setting the CPU to 10 x 166MHz (after ya clean the bridges off) as this will give you much better performance at almost the same CPU speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Well I hope that ya can clean your unlockin' up as ya've screwed the CPU up and leavin' it in that condition will likely soon kill it. Your mobo will unlock the chip itself.
    wiggo, I took your advice and cleaned it off.

Name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+
    Description: x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2
    Manufacturer : AuthenticAMD
    Version : Model 6, Stepping 2
    DataWidth : 32 Bits
    Socket Designation : Socket A
    Type : Central Processor
    CPU Id : 0383FBFF00000662
    CPU Family : Power PC 604
    CPU Stepping : 2
    Load Percentage : 4 %
    Max ClockSpeed : 1700 MHz
    Current ClockSpeed : 1700 MHz
    Voltage : 1.7 V
    External Clock : 135 MHz
    Upgrade Method : ZIF Socket
    L2 Cache Size : 256 Kb
    L2 Cache Speed : 566 MHz
    Display Availability : Running/Full Power
    PowerManagement Supported : false

And I have the bios set @ 136 X12.5 , i have tried higher, but wouldn't boot properly...I guess I can't get anymore out of this chip...? Or what is the best setting i can put it to now that i got it runnin @ 1.7GHZ I wanna get more if I could.

ram clock set on "by speed"

I shouldn't think that MSI would've change the BIOS to much from the norm but with these you should be able to select Expert Mode for both CPU and memory parameters and set the multiplier to 10 and the FSB to 166MHz with the memory at the same speed. Also increasing the CPU voltage to 1.7-1.75v will aid in CPU stability. Other than that ya may have to wait till someone else with an MSI board can comment on the BIOS settings.

what speed would ii get from setting it to multiplier 10 and fsb 166? and don't think and pretty sure that I don't have that freature in my bios"expert".

Those settings will give you a similar speed to stock but with more performance. If all goes well at that speed then ya try 10.5 x 166MHz.

I've tried both settings and didn't boot for me. I think Im gonna leave it as where it is @ 12.5x fsb 136 runnnin @1.72GHZ...Or if I wanna anymore I guess I'll have to buy another chip like a 2500+ barton or something..From what I hear 2000+ sucks for oc.

I have my XP2000+ (T'bred B) on EPoX 8RDA+ (nForce2) runnin' at 12.5 x 166.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I have my XP2000+ (T'bred B) on EPoX 8RDA+ (nForce2) runnin' at 12.5 x 166.

what im I missing or doing wrong, wiggo? why can't I get there?

Ny frined has a 1800+ and has passed me, his read like a 2600+ and all my inventory is newer than his..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information