Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My amd 2000+ went to a 1900+

Hi people,

I've jus finished bridging the L1 and I was able to boost the fsb to 146MHZ, vcore@1.8 mutilplier @ b/w, i guess that's auto or by spd., but now my cpu reads at a 1900+ and not 2000+. It's a 2000+ when I bought it, but since I did that adjustments, it has changed to 1900+; what's going on with it? is it normal for it to change when you do that adjustment, unlocking the L1?

This is my set up:

Main board-Name : Base Board
    Manufacturer : MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
    Product Name : MS-6570
    Version :
    SerialNumber :

bios-Name : Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Manufacturer : Phoenix Technologies, LTD
    Version : Nvidia - 42302e31
    SerialNumber :
    ReleaseDate : 07 / 30 / 2003
    Target Operating System : Unknown
    Language : n|US|iso8859-1

Ram-Name : Physical Memory
    Memory Capacity : 256MB
    Memory BankLabel : Bank2/3
    Memory DeviceLocator : A1
    Memory Type : Unknown

Name : Physical Memory
    Memory Capacity : 256MB
    Memory BankLabel : Bank4/5
    Memory DeviceLocator : A2
    Memory Type : Unknown
    clock is @366

pc 2700 total 512mb

PWS-350w plus more, but I don't or can't think of anthing else that may be relevent to this problem, but if you wanna know just ask me.

Thanks in advance to ne 1 reply to this post.:)

By the way, I can't go any higher than 146MHZ it would either not boot or it's unstable, so my speed is 1.75 gig.. before the unlocking, it reads 2000+ , but i could not icrease the fsb pass 135 mhz, it's like a trade off..:rolleyes:

Multiplier has been dropped to 12 for some reason or another, defualt is 12.5

ok, say that is the case the multiplier dropped from 12.5 to 12, I still don't understand it before I had post this thread i'ved tried setting the multiplier to 13 , it reads my speed @ 700mhz and when I inreased the the fsb to 200mhz the most I got was 1 point something, just put this way it was under 1.4 gig..

From what I understand is increasing the multiplier to i higher number should inrease it, but didn't work for me and the highest i can go is X13.

Gee I wish ppl would give proper spec's instead of that copy and paste garbage but ya mobo is based on the latest nForce2 chipset but the proper memory ratin' (eg; PC2700, 3200 etc) would be good instead of what its runnin' at and whether its runnin' at the same speed as the FSB or otherwise ( it should be at the same speed as the FSB). Also is the CPU a Palamino, T'bred A or T'bred B? :?:
    Sorry for bein' so critical but the proper spec's help a lot. : peace2:

Wiggo, I don't understand what spec. do you need to know such as? Im a newbie, but Im not that dumb, so I'll try to answer what sepc. but what do you mean? like the model of mobo? or what's it's capable of? and thing is i haven't modified anything with the mobo, jus the cpu... well actually i did adjust different settings in the bios.

I'll try to answer the specs. the model is MSI k7n2 delta "L" max ram 3 gig, dual channel can run 400 fsb, it has nforce2 chip set, supports 8x apg and supports 600mhz to 3000+ amd..

not sure if that's what you mean...?

What wiggo is refferring to is the codename of U'r CPU is it Palamino, T'bred A or T'bred B?

for an example mine is "Barton".

here is a photo of the cpu history (made some while ago but anyways)

CPU history

but what is the difference.

I mean they all have the same specs exept for the Palamino he has 180Nm instead of 150???

This page will help ya identify what core ya have but closin' the L1 bridges only works for Palmino and earlier cores, Thoroughbred and Barton cores use the last L3 bridge but with the nForce2 chipset T'bred's and Bartons are unlocked by the chipset itself.

Oh ok, well it's a thorobred "b" i got this ifortmation from where i bought the chip from, it's has a fsb 266MHZ.

Well I hope that ya can clean your unlockin' up as ya've screwed the CPU up and leavin' it in that condition will likely soon kill it. Your mobo will unlock the chip itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information