Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: clockin a celeron 2.2

This is the 1st system I've built n attempted to overclock. As expected, Im having a little trouble with it. I gradually bumped up my celery 2.2 up to 2.64 without any noticeable problems. Once i went up to 2.66 however, I lost a system file<windows\system32\config\systemfile to be exact. I thought that maybe I had a problem with windows so i re-installed. I've lost the same file 3 times now :steam: and each time was when I bumped the cpu up to 2.66. ive been running it at 2.62 just to play it safe. would anyone have any suggestions on how i might fix this problem if it can be. I realize that by turning up the fsb, that all the system componet speeds also increase, i assume that it's causing the problem. All my pc specs are below. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :D

all these specs came from sandra 2004

win xp home
    DFI NB-72sc mobo
    celeron 2.2g 400fsb~ 2.62g 476fsb
    pny sdram pc133~ 158mhz, cas lat 3, precharge 7
    seagate 40g 5200rpm, ntfs format, udma-5
    pny gforce fx5200
    if it has ****, tyres or a cpu its gona cost ya :shoot2:

k if I get U right U have only pumped up the FSB but try lowering the FSB a bit and pump up the multiplier.

but don't pump the multiplier up too much just 0.5-1.0 @ a time.

On the other hand I have NO idea how the intel cpu's work so ........many ya outta wait for wiggo or someone else..

:shoot2: :shoot3: :shoot3: DIE VIRUS DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by musculus
    k if I get U right U have only pumped up the FSB but try lowering the FSB a bit and pump up the multiplier.

but don't pump the multiplier up too much just 0.5-1.0 @ a time.
    I guess you are not familiar with Intel CPU's. The multiplier cannot be changed. All you can do is push up the FSB and increase the voltage until it becomes unstable.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

U got me...

I am an AMD only man:geek:
    :snip: hehe U'r dead U *****

You maybe to with stupid posts like that
    Admin.

are you throwing out random comments at the end of your posts for the hell of it or are you trying to say something? :confused:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

no i was fighting off a deadly virus took me one and half hour :)

if you've over indulged then please refrain from posting until you've recovered or you'll go to the "Smacktard" list fast (and you really don't want that).
    Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer677
    This is the 1st system I've built n attempted to overclock. As expected, Im having a little trouble with it. I gradually bumped up my celery 2.2 up to 2.64 without any noticeable problems. Once i went up to 2.66 however, I lost a system file<windows\system32\config\systemfile to be exact. I thought that maybe I had a problem with windows so i re-installed. I've lost the same file 3 times now :steam: and each time was when I bumped the cpu up to 2.66. ive been running it at 2.62 just to play it safe. would anyone have any suggestions on how i might fix this problem if it can be. I realize that by turning up the fsb, that all the system componet speeds also increase, i assume that it's causing the problem. All my pc specs are below. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :D
    Yah not goin' to like what I say but here goes. :shrug:
    The Celery is bein' strangled by the memory for starters but I've a 1.7GHz one on a good DDR SDRAM mobo overclocked to 2.21GHz though my stock 1200MHz Duron still kicks the **** out of it 6 ways to Xmas. IMHO I'd leave that system as is (use it as a backup system) and plan on buildin' somethin' with a lot more grunt plus more future proof (basically ya have an office PC and overclockin' it won't improve matters much at all). : peace2:

yea i know sdram suxs. I figured I'd leard to overclock this since its not a very high dollar pc. Should have picked a different mobo, dfi doesn't have many setting the the bios. The celery runs almost as quick as a p4 2.6g when i have it at 2.64g accordin to sandra. At the end of the year I'll prob build an amd. thanks for the info.
    if it has ****, tyres or a cpu its gona cost ya :shoot2:

Thread Information