Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Any suggestions on whats the best settings for my Sys?

Hello... i just wanna get ideas from you experts on O/Cing, on whats the best O/C settings for my System. at the moment its like this;

On the Bios

CPU HOST CLOCK [enabled]
    CPU HOST FEQUENCY [ 140 ]
    PCI/AGP FREQUENCY FIXED [disabled]
    PCI/AGP FREQUENCY (MHZ) 35/70
    DIMM VOLTAGE CONTROL [ +0.1V ]
    AGP VOLTAGE CONTROL [ +0.1V ]
    CPU VOLTAGE CONTROL [ +1.55V ]
    NORMAL CPU VOLTAGE 1.525V

and my system specs is roughly this;

Intel Pentium 4B 2.66 @ 2.8 with the above settings
    Gigabyte GA-8INXP Mobo
    Single Stick of 512 of Kingmax PC3200 ram
    Vantec Aero Flow 5k plus speed
    Antec True blue power supply 480 watts
    80 GB Maxtor SATA HDD
    80 GB Seagate IDE 7200 rpm

I basically left that chipset alone as it was more directed at the server/workstation class but I can tell ya that ya 1 stick of PC3200 is of little use in it and 2 sticks of PC2700 will enable the dual memory controllers for better bandwidth plus still leave room for overclockin'.
    From Tom's Hardware
    [b]The two E7205 and E7505 chipsets are Intel's official final bell for Rambus chips in the workstation and server sector. The future now belongs to dual-channel DDR.

Considering the fact that Intel wants to position the E7205 chipset (Dual DDR266 SDRAM) as successor to the i850E (dual PC1066 RDRAM), the limited performance is disappointing, especially with regard to memory.
    :shrug:

Originally posted by Wiggo
    [B]I basically left that chipset alone as it was more directed at the server/workstation class but I can tell ya that ya 1 stick of PC3200 is of little use in it and 2 sticks of PC2700 will enable the dual memory controllers for better bandwidth plus still leave room for overclockin'.
    :shrug:
    OHHH!! thanks Wiggo! thank you very much!
    So are you saying that the MOBO i got is no good for overclocking because of its chipset which is more for Workstation??
    And lets say i change the RAM to 2 stick of PC2700, will it perform a lot better than what it is right now?

thanks wiggo!

Check out the test results here as they where done in both single channel mode and dual channel mode usin' your model mobo.

Hmmmm.... thats strange! it score abit more than having this memory i have at the moment.

Wiggo.. how about if i get me self an extra stick of PC3200 rather getting a new 2x 256 PC2700? will it perform better? Co'z getting a new 2x256 PC2700 is almost thesame price as getting a new stick of 512 PC3200.

what you think?

Thanks!

Ya can but ya'd be payin' for bandwidth that ya can't use. PC2100 (DDR266) is the maximum supported memory and PC3200 is way beyond it which is why I suggested 2 x PC2700 (which will handle the o/c that ya already have plus use both memory channels).

Ohh i see... oh thats the maximum my MOBO can handle even though i used higher speed of memory it only uses the amount it needed.

Ok i got it now! thanks wiggo!! em gonna be looking for dual channel 2x256 PC2700 memory hehehe!

Thread Information