Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 2600 woes??????

i guess this makes two ...then,

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Wiggo
    Well my XP2600+ runs 1.75v at 11.5 x 200MHz but then not all CPU's are the same. I havn't found one yet that won't do 10 x 200MHz but there's always a first time I guess.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i also have a 2600 that won,t let me o/c. well , not entirely true, it will let me change the multiplier, but nothing happens when i try to change the fsb....still reads as 1.9ghz on reboot. ran pc wizard 2004 and it showed up as "overclocker" locked....yes. how does one unlock this. have it set (pins on mobo)to 166 ......tried setting pins to 200----but wouldn't boot!!!!!
    had it up to 2.1ghz---- from it's stock 1.913, is this it's max????(stock hsf btw..)
    sys: xp2600
    9700np
    Aopen ak77xn mobo( sadly, does not have a pci/agp lock though......this can't be good ....right?)via kt400
    80g. wd hd
    350w psu
    all mem settings still on default
    512mb 333ddr mem
    idle @39.c...load 51.c stock v @1.65 (had to go to 1.7 for o/c stability)
    win xp........all fresh installed, plus all new drivers etc.

also, am very much a newb at this...amd stuff....old sys=intel 2.4 rig........very ez to o/c.......but want to know how to do this!!!, any links or suggestions would be great.......
    "newb alert..."

Ok 1st, mine has a case with very good airflow for starters (UNEEC Clone case) plus I use a Volcano 7+ HSF (very much better than a stock retail job on medium speed). The VIA KT400 (with the updated BIOS) should unlock the CPU but it doesn't come close to the performance of the nForce2 based mobo that I use (EPoX 8RDA+). Also ya only usin' PC2700 memory (166MHz which would likely be your limitin' factor) where as I use PC3500 (233MHz Corsair XMS3500C2) but only PC3200 (200MHz) is really needed (yes I like to make sure that memory isn't a limitin' factor). I've also a P4 2.4B with a similar setup but the CPU will not no matter how hard I try run stablely above 2.71GHz.

for clearin that up.....good to know!..... :)
    "newb alert..."

Thread Information