Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclock p4 1.7Ghz

Helo ppl...!i want to overclock a pentium 4 1.7Ghz with a motherboard p4vxasd2 but i think it is bloked..! i canīt move fsb and vcore..!but the multiplier is on 17x and i can move it to 24x and bios say Speed Processor-->2,4Ghz....! but when i start windows...the processor is in 1,7 Ghz...! :(

characteristics--> intel p4 1,7Ghz,384 sdram pc133,60Gg,motherboard p4vxads2...bios is Amibios

Some one help me!!
    I'm Portuguese!
    tks[]..and good work with forum! :)

Quote Originally Posted by sir_virciado
    Helo ppl...!i want to overclock a pentium 4 1.7Ghz with a motherboard p4vxasd2 but i think it is bloked..! i canīt move fsb and vcore..!but the multiplier is on 17x and i can move it to 24x and bios say Speed Processor-->2,4Ghz....! but when i start windows...the processor is in 1,7 Ghz...! :(

characteristics--> intel p4 1,7Ghz,384 sdram pc133,60Gg,motherboard p4vxads2...bios is Amibios

Some one help me!!
    I'm Portuguese!
    tks[]..and good work with forum! :)
    1.7???....sounds like a celeron,anyway the multiplier on intel chips is locked(or should be), so the only way to o/c them is by the fsb. Sadly, the old celeron's were not a good choice to overclock because they would heat up. Don't know why it showed you the multiplier going to 24.....cuz i haven't seen an intel chip able to do that.........i'll do a "google " search on your mobo and have a look see .....later
    "newb alert..."

Is that an Intel made mobo? If so, it will not be able to OC

That mobo is made by ECS who is an OEM manufacturer so if any overclockin' is available it won't be very good but a lot of these mobo's won't overclock at all. Your SDRAM configuration with that mobo is already stranglin' the CPU anyway.

Thread Information