Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need Help Overclocking this Setup!

I noticed that there are a few people here with the same setup of Athlon Xp +2500 and A7N8X-Deluxe mobo as I do, and I hear people claim that it is very easy to overclock the cpu to +3200 with this setup. I've tried to set the fsb in the bios to 200 and multiplier down to 10x and raise the voltage to 1.70 v, but the computer doesnt boot after I restart. If anyone can give me a few pointers to what settings work for them would be greatly appreciated.

Specs :
    Asus A7N8X-Deluxe Motherboard Rev 2.00
    Athlon Xp +2500 Barton Core
    256mb DDR400 PC3200
    Ati Radeon 9600XT
    80 gig Maxtor 7200 rpm Ultra ATA133
    Volcano 12 HSF/ Artic Silver 5

It is very rare that you get a 2500+ Barton that won't do 3200+ speeds. As to what exactly is the cause of your troubles is hard to say so a bit of troubleshooting will need to be performed. Try different combinations of things, but many times the cause for failed boots is the memory is set a bit too aggressively. Try setting the CAS down a notch and make sure you're running a 2T command rating. This is usually a pretty safe bet and from there you can at least boot up at the higher speeds (usually). From there you can start tweaking the system and memory speeds until you hit the sweet spot for your particular rig.

Good luck!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

when you say aggressive, you mean the timings are too high, or too low? I would think that aggressive means lower latency settings but you recommend 2T which is lowest setting I can change to.

Yes if CAS2 then drop it to CAS2.5 and T1 is aggressive where as T2 is normal.

Well, I finally got the computer to boot up with an overclocked setting after many trial and errors. I set the fsb to 185mhz, multiplier to 10.5x, Vcore to 1.675 and 2.5-2-2-6 timing for the pc3200 memory. I'm still trying to hit the 200mhz fsb mark but anything over 185mhz fsb just won't boot. I'll probably try some more different settings to hit the 200mhz mark tonight, but if anyone with this setup was able to reach the 200mhz fsb, would you please show me which and what settings you used in the bios? Thanks TTers

Try 10.5 x 200MHz, Core 1.7-1.75v, memory 3-3-3-6 (0.1 volt can be added to the memory as well).

OMG! YOU ARE AMAZING!! Not only for the quick response, but the settings you gave me actually worked! Even though the first boot with this setting gave me a hard drive error, then rebooted after the windows logo screen, I experimented, and left the voltage default to cure that problem. Thanks alot! So far after the second reboot of my computer, everything seems to be running smoothly.

Thread Information