Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do Artifacts look like?

Does anyone have a screenshot or something they could post to show me what to look out for? Cus in Deus Ex 2, i sometimes get these little bits of crap on the screen in certain places, but this doesnt happen in any other games or in 3dmark 2003...so i guess this is just an issue with the game..not artifacts?

Anyway i'd feel ALOT better if i knew exactly what these suckers looked like

currently...

Radeon 9800 non pro

400 / 335

Im staying here until i know more.

Usually little white dots (like snow) turnin' into coloured squares which look ugly.

Artifacts are pretty much little specs that you can see where they shouldn't be. They're pretty obvious in some places, and less in others. I can't really give you a screenshot, but if you encounter any visual anomalities that aren't normally there, then you'll want to put back your card's clock speed until the artifacts are gone. They're especially apparent in the DM-Antalus benchmark on UT2003, so try that out if you have it.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

cool...so do they occur all over the place, or just in certain areas..or...lol sorry im paranoid here...now i look at little pixels on the edges of things and mistake them for artifacts..

a picture would still be nice, but thx for trying to explain it anyway bro :)

Just did Antalus...i dont think i saw anything, but then again maybe my eye was tricking me in some places, i think i might have seen little flashes of white occassionally in one or two areas, and they only occurred once or twice and for a split second,,,i couldnt tell if they were bullets hitting the wall or muzzle flashes or artifacts or whatever...I'll try to play some more games, and if i see ANYTHING wacky, ill pull her back a good 10 mhz on the core.

EDIT

THank god!! Those white flashes were from the elecrtical generators on DM - Asbestos...at far range they appear to be artifacts..because in places, the sprite pokes out of the static mesh....lol phew....

Sounds good to me. Better to be safe than sorry. ;)

Heh, my Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro doesn't overclock at all...I set it up to 450/370-ish, and still saw absolutely no differences in speed, but a huge amount of artifacts, especially on Antalus. Now it's back to factory defaults...
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

NO NO NO NO, the things in Deus Ex2 are not artifacts, they're graphical glitches caused by using Multisampling with Radeon cards. This has not been fixed with the new drivers. For now, just put Multisampling back to x1.
    Pentium4 2.4Ghz | 256mb DDR | Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256mb DDR | Creative VIBRA 128

And dude, dont be paranoid, if you were getting artifacts, you'd definitely see them. Just make sure your card is cool and you should be fine :thumb: . : peace2: and Happy Holidays all, Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duggler
    cool...so do they occur all over the place, or just in certain areas..or...lol sorry im paranoid here...now i look at little pixels on the edges of things and mistake them for artifacts..

a picture would still be nice, but thx for trying to explain it anyway bro :)

You only need tp worry if you have overclocked you card to decent speeds over default. otherwise you can relax.

If you have overclocked, take your frequencies back down to default and compare the screens... if they are the same... no need to worry
    These are the shops where I buy stuff

www.atcomputer.com.au
    www.it-rite.com.au

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information