Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus v8420 (TI4200)

OK ive got a Asus V8420 (non deluxe), and am looking to overclock. At the moment, ive got Omegas tweaked detonator drivers installed along with coolbits reg hack.

ive read that this card is a good overclocker (but most mention the deluxe version which has a higher clock frequency)

Ive found a "guide" on the net that talks about this card http://www.lostcircuits.com/video/asus_v8460/13.shtml

The stock frequency on the guide is 250/444 MHz , while mine was 250/446 MHZ, so im assuming this guide is mentioning the non-deluxe version.

Ive pushed the clock to 310/552 MHZ - playing underground, i can run the game at pretty much full settings with good frame rates (which i couldnt do before) and have not noticed any artifacts or graphical errors - does this mean it is stable, and i can go ahead and check the "apply overclock at startup" or is there more i should look into before assuming it is OK ?

If you're not getting any graphical artifacts, then you're off to a good start. Before telling it to always use this speed, though, try running a graphically intense game for about an hour or so. I've not played Underground before so I don't know if this title qualifies. If you can do this with no graphical problems, no getting kicked to desktop or random reboots (indicating a possible heat problem), then I'd say go for it. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

awesome, does the lack of graphical errors/artifacts also mean that the card is not overheating? I would hate to have it die on me without sign in the next few days or something.

Yes if it was gettin' to hot then it'd either lock up or produce artifacts. The Leadtek Ti4200 I'm typin' this reply on runs at 320/560 and will run continuous loops of 3DMark'01 for hours without a glitch but if I increase either the core or the memory a bit more then it starts to show problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    The Leadtek Ti4200 I'm typin' this reply on runs at 320/560 and will run continuous loops of 3DMark'01 for hours without a glitch but if I increase either the core or the memory a bit more then it starts to show problems.
    Man that's a damn good overclocker! You ought to be thanksful.. :)

Yeah it goes well in this 2.3GHz XP2600+ I can tell ya but I do have 2 other exact same cards, 315/540 in my 2.1GHz XP2000+ (originally for my shed but will now go to the misus) and 310/550 in the 2.4B@2.7. :D

ya actually im quite surprised how far this can go, Ive been playing NFS Underground for like 2 hours, and it hasnt froze once, even on its high settings with most of the eyecandy turned on. I will see if i can raise it a bit more!

Man, maybe my card is different, but why do you boost your core so high and keep your memory so low? Memory boosts give me a lot more FPS than a core boost does. Am I missing something? Thx, : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Quote Originally Posted by Mista K6
    Am I missing something?
    Probably the fact that there are limits to how far a particular part can go? Mine bein' 128MB VIVO models likely has something to do with that as well.

Thread Information