Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: good ram for overclocking a p4 2.4

i want to overclock my p4 2.4ghz 400fsb and i might be getting new ram. My mobo can use up to ddr400 but i was wondering if i should get like ddr 433 or ddr 500 or somthing like that. would they be better for overclocking and can i use them? i have this cpu fan and i was wondering if it was enough?fan
    also i have this mobo motherboard .

oh yeah and if my cpu fan isnt that good does anyone know of a cheap one that works good! thanks

damn man, thats a CHEAP fan, like not even good, you need something better, the zelman one that looks like a big flower is supposed to be good volcano 9+ i dont know fans that well so someone else might be able to give some more ideas, but 433-66 ram would be good 500 you'd be way underclocking it, cuz u cant run the chip that fast with a fan cooling, hey maybe you can get better latencies though, is it dual chan or is it just one ? with three slots...i dont relly understand the sis boards that well.
    2.4 p4c @3.06 1020mhz fsb
    ASUS P4C800Delux
    CORSAIR ddr500 XMS (3-4-4-8)
    maxtor 120gb w/8meg cache (raid0)
    2x WD Raptors (Raid0)
    2x120Gb Maxtor's
    Ti4200 363/667 mhz
    Water-cooled Koolance case

Thread Information