Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Question for Wiggo...

Sorry to pester you but I was just wondering what kind of temperatures you get with you oc'd 2600+ system? I'm just about ready to start playing around with my own similar setup, but wanted a ballpark figure on the temperatures I could expect.

~ Thanks in adavance!
    Windows XP Professional
    Athlon XP 2600+ / Vantec Aeroflow
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
    2x 256mb OCZ PC-3200 platinum
    Sapphire 9800
    Some alien Antec Case/350W PSU 4 80mm fans
    Idle 40c/Load 43c

I think this would have been better served with a PM, don't ya think :?:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Well I'll answer it here now.
    With my Volcano 7+ on medium speed and a room temp of 23C my system temp is 25C and the CPU 41C under full load.

Bubba...

Just my two cents, but one of the reasons I joined here was to read the questions and comments from other readers. I was interested in Wiggo's response, as he had told me before about his rig but didn't mention what temps it ran. A PM would have hidden that question and answer from the rest of us. Maybe I'm missing something. Or just plain wrong.:shrug:
    Athlon XP 3000 @ 200FSB x 11.5, Asus A7N8X Deluxe, 512 Corsair XMS 2700 in single channel, 2 x 80 WD @7200 w/8 meg, VisionTek TI4600 o/c'd to 325/750, Antec case w/6 fans & 430 watt psu, Plextor 40/12/40, HP CDRW, Creative DVD, Win XP Pro - SP1

i would have to agree, thats why im here too..
    2.4 p4c @3.06 1020mhz fsb
    ASUS P4C800Delux
    CORSAIR ddr500 XMS (3-4-4-8)
    maxtor 120gb w/8meg cache (raid0)
    2x WD Raptors (Raid0)
    2x120Gb Maxtor's
    Ti4200 363/667 mhz
    Water-cooled Koolance case

it's a very simple question directed towards one person. It's hardly worth starting a thread. Besides the fact that wiggo has posted his temps many times before. At this point I probably know his temps almost as well as I know my own :rolleyes: But that's not the point. It was something better suited for a PM, plain and simple. Of course questions and comments are welcome, that's what makes up a forum. However, not all questions are worth starting a new thread over, especially when it is meant for only one person to read.

The question has been answered, thread closed.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Actually mini I'd rather they post their questions here instead of sendin' me a PM or IM with their probs/questions as this way others will gain something where as a lot will miss out if I answer just thru a PM or IM. I don't mind ppl PM'n or IM'n me to take notice of a thread but I do mind when they want their prob/question fixed/answered by PM or IM as I'd rather keep those 2 for more personal things. : peace2:

Thread Information