Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: overclocking

I have couple question i have a ga-7n400-L mobo 2500xp and 512 ddr 3200 ram no name ram. i was wondering is this mobo good enuff to o/c my cpu on or do i need a mobo wit fan on it liek i was gonna get a ga-7nnxp instead i have a Thermaltake Xaser III Skull Case and was gonna get a thermaltake volcano 7 hsf wit speed contorl.

Would i be better off keeping my mobo and buying some good ram or gettin ga-7nnxp and usin ram i got i only want to get 2 3200+ speeds.

And i try to raise vcore on my ga-7n400-L mobo only got 3 options (+5% +7.5% and +10%) which would i pick.

Help needed.:confused:

You should be able to get to those speeds, You have a n-force 2 chipset and DDR rated for 400mhz. Hum for the vcore push it only if you can manage the extra heat ant test your rig after (prime95), you may need the extra voltage to get to 200 mhz fsb... depens on your luck! (tip to lower temps while overclocking: lower the multiplier)
    Oh and for the ram keep the factory timings to get to 400mhz DDR, if you want to get higher, slack them before upping the fsb.
    SYX -=AMD Powered=-
    AMD 1800+ @ 1880Mhz on A7S333 , 250 Meg DDR 333 Platinum @2-2-2-6
    Asus TNT 2 32 meg (128) , 250W ATX, 200W AT (same case)
    Steel automotive intake fan (see avatar) , 3X40mm exaust fans in the back

I cannot lower multiplier my 2500 xp is locked and when i try to overclock just 5mhz when i reboot nuttin but beeps.

I see that Gigabyte still persists with those stupid %'s but first make sure that the memory is runnin' at the same speed as the CPU's FSB (166MHz/333DDR) then raise the Vcore +5% and see how far ya get then.

wiggo do u think i should keep mobo i have now or get the ga-7nnxp the guy said where i bought it at he would let me pay diff and the mobo's or do u think i should just get some good ram.:confused:

Other than the GA-7NNXP havin' Dual BIOS, ATA RAID, SATA and aditional Gigabit LAN there wouldn't be anything between them as the rest of the spec's are the same. :shrug:

and that dps (dual power system) i think lol

Well my volcano 7 wit speed control fit on the ga-7nnxp mobo.doesn't look like much room there tho.

Thread Information