Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: overclock 2.4c [merged threads]

Quote Originally Posted by baks_79
    Zerokool i got a p4c800 e mobo could you tell me how you overclocked in the bios ?

Thanx
    Go into the Advanced section of ya BIOS then into CPU Configuration then ya'll see A1 Overclocker Tuner, set this to Manual and all the overclockin' options will appear.

Thanx but how do i go about speeding things up because i get lockups at 250mhz for memory and im runnin 2.85vdimm but i aint changed the cpu voltage and when i get into windows it locks up.
    Thanx

These are the sresults so far

Quote Originally Posted by baks_79
    Thanx but how do i go about speeding things up because i get lockups at 250mhz for memory and im runnin 2.85vdimm but i aint changed the cpu voltage and when i get into windows it locks up.
    Thanx
    Did that core raise to 1.6v help? If ya still have stability probs then go to 1.6v. Ya shouldn't really need anymore voltage to the memory for 250MHz though. I have my 2.4C at 3.24GHz with 1.65v but with the standard Intel HSF I'm startin' to have heat/stability probs if I go further so when I get the time I'll swap the V7+ from my 2.4B over and then see how much further it'll go.

ive increased the vcore and upped the memory to 250mhz what else can i do to make the system go faster and whats the turbo mode in the bios of my asus also can i use "dividers"

Thanx

Second pic

By "dividers" do ya mean the CPU/memory ratio (Dram Frequency) or the AGP/PCI Frequency? :?:

ive got it working at 2.5 cas memory 255mhz and it gives me about 3.3ghz but i was wondering if i put the mem frequency at 320 and ran in 5:4 ration and upped the fsb like this would the machine perform faster and why if anyone knows for some reason am i getting 100fps in quake 3 benchmark on lowest settings but in Sandra im gettin over 1000 points in cpu benchmark

Thanx in advance

Your memory should run to 266MHz FSB (maybe a little more) b4 ya'll need to drop to 5:4 but why ya Quake FPS dropped I have no idea.

So i should set my mem frequenct to 266 mhz in memory frequency and then increase the fsb and i should get to around 260 - 270 ?

But will this be faster then 255mhz and 400 frequency in 1 -1 ratioo ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information