Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overclocking a no go

Whew, Thanks a ton,. You have no Idea how worried I was. And while we are at it (helping the newb), What is standard temps for idle/game and what should they not exceed?
    Idle I'm hovering between 78-81f and in games I don't exceed 92f. 140 Is what my alarm is set at, is that too high or too low? Thanks for any help.

Also, any Idea what could have caused that wierd no detection of the ide? I didn't do anything besdies change the clock from 200 to 220...:wow:

60 C and above for CPU temps is definitely not a good thing, I think you can actually smell something at about 57 C, so that should be a warning. Full load should not exceed 60, because I personally think that is going to eventually fry the cpu. Anything below that is perfectly safe.

O, and your BIOS temps are probably the most accurate, the one on your case is probably for system temp(correct me if Im wrong)

Well, my manual tells me to disconnect the power supply, then take this little red plug and take it out, move it up one space, then after 5 seconds, put it back to default position. I did that and nothing happened. I don't know how if there is no power that would work...but thats what my mobo says...:rolleyes:

Ok got it working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information