Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: another 2500 OC'ing question

Take the core to 1.75v.

well it is still running and prime95 ran about 10 secs and I got an error with the vcore at 1.75. whats my next approach?

Increase the memory voltage to 2.7-2.75v and see if that helps but if not then dependin' on ya temps ya could go as high as 1.85v on the core.

I don't know, what kind of temps are you getting with the fsb at 200?? Maybe try raising the voltage even more, unless you are getting over like 60 C cpu temps. Are you sure your PCI/AGP buses are locked?? It may just be that you need better cooling if you're using stock HSF, but then again, Im running stock as well, and Im very stable with my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal11
    It may just be that you need better cooling if you're using stock HSF, but then again, Im running stock as well, and Im very stable with my setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez420
    Albatron nforce2 chip set (kx18d pro).
    vantech airflow + OZC thermal paste
    2x512 3200 ram (dual channel)
    barton2500 (of course)
    It should be ok.

Yeah, I didnt see that until after I posted, sorry for my nOObishNess: omg:

well I upped the vcore to 1.80 and it ran stable as could be... I was very impressed... it ran 4 test in prime95 without an error and only 35'C load, but then I just let my comp sit while I was doing things around the house and all of a sudden I got a weird (very bad looking) white screen... after that Windows wouldnt load... then I couldnt get it to even start into the diagnostics! so hear I am thinking that I have burnt yet another cpu and/or mobo, but after starting it up over and over it decided to start up and here I am.... scared that I will burn it up if I attempt any more OC'ing. I think I have a curse.... what could be the prob? Im back running at 2500 again... Pout...

I heard of ppl b4 burnin' CPU's out but I've yet to do it to one myself. :shrug:

not that you would rub it in or anything... lol. I still cqant understand it... the temp is fine... prime95 ran without errors for over 30mins at 35'C... grr... Im at a loss. I might just stick with the 1.8 (2500) speed. after all I do have 1GB of DDR 3200 (dual channel) and a radeon 9800xt. so a couple hundred mhz isnt that big of deal

Just as a thought, what make and ratin' of PSU do ya have there? :?:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information