Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: another 2500 OC'ing question

my case is a:

X-DREAMER ATXB3KLW/350 Series
    W/ USB + AUDIO PORTS
    SIDE PANEL W/EXTRA FAN

Dimensions(DxWxH) - 440x200x430mm
    Available Colors - Black / Silve / Blue / Green / Yellow
    Power Supply - ATX 350 P4 Power Supply(Horizontal) w/ I/O Switch
    Drive Space
    - 4x5.25"
    - 2x3.5"
    - 4x3.5"Hidden
    Ports 2 USB + Audio (Microphone Jack & Earphone Jack)

Features
    - Acrylic Added to Front Panel for Polish Appearance
    - Front Panel W/6 Blue Led
    - Side Panel w/See-Through Window
    - W/2 UV Blue Fan W/Blue Led Fan
    - W/2 Custom-Made Fan Grill
    - Screwless Side Panel
    - Automatic Drop-Down Doors for Color Case
    - Back Lighting Temperature Display LCD
    - Extended Body for All the Drives and Motherboards to Fit in.

heres the link:
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...0466&promoid=0

So I guess it just a vanilla PSU, but it is 350W. no sound card running and my 9800xt isnt in it yet either (I get it today). I do have 5 case fans running as well as my vantech. I do want to buy a new PSU... what do you recommend? I have yet one more case fan that I cant turn on cuz I have no more room to plug it in on my mobo. thats another thing... I figure I should get a fan controller... any suggestions?

It's very likely that that PSU is the root of ya problem as it likely doesn't or can't constantly provide the 200W across the combined 3.3v & 5v rails that a good o/c'd Athy system requires. I use Antec 420-480W PSU's myself (the 420W should be enough for ya) as they do provide that minimum easily and that's definately needed for a stable overclocked system.

ive read that 350 should be enough for my system, but I need a higher end product. one that is more stable.

so Im going to buy a dual fan, temp controlled PSU. I dunno if the name is any good, but I can get a deal on it in town here. I think its about $50 retail. I think he said it was an Eagle... or something along those lines...

Im going to wait at least till tomorrow, when the owner gets back so I can swing a little deal or order a better product at a better than retail price.

I really thank you guys for all your help. prompt and informative!

I've had plenty of yum-cha 350-400W PSU's here that won't cut it (which is why when I buy a cheap case for someone now I get it without a PSU) but most decent PSU's will on their sticker state the combined 3.3 & 5 volt rating so make sure that it's stated and that it's a minimum of 200W. Whether the Eagle brand ya get there is the same as the Eagle brand that I was gettin' here then the 400W version is rated at 200W across those 2 rails and works pretty well.

I dont even know what those numbers represent... I mena I get the jist of it, but I would have never know to look for those. so I want it so say 3.3 & 5v, each of which having 200W of power. thats not a prob. but I think it was a 350W model. would that mean that one of the "rails" (whatever that is ;) ) will only have 150W of the 350W total?

Yep in a 350W unit if the combined 3.3 & 5 volt rails totalled 200W then the 12v rail would only have 150W to play with which is why I recommend usin' good quality 400W+ PSU's so that all rails get a good supply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information