Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: another 2500 OC'ing question

Im onto my 3rd 2500 chip now after burning the first 2. so now I figure Ill ask the experts. I bought:

Albatron nforce2 chip set (kx18d pro).
    vantech airflow + OZC thermal paste
    2x512 3200 ram (dual channel)
    barton2500 (of course)
    and not that it matter, but... Radeon 9800xt (for bragging rights :smokin: )

now what I need to know is why my system wont even boot when I up the FSB to 200? I have tried upping the vcore with still no luck. what are my next steps? my system will lock up and I have to reset the bios every time it happens (pain in my ass). right now I run at 30'C or less idle, so I know I have to temp room to bump it to a 3200. but I dont want to burn yet another chip. help plz....

Well, it may be that the RAM timings are messing your whole system up. Do you mess with those as well before trying to boot at 200 fsb?? Also, try not touching anything but the FSB, and then boot it up default, except for 200 fsb, and if that doesn't work, I don't know what is wrong. What kind of temps are you getting at startup running everything default??

Did ya lower the multiplier b4 movin' the FSB to 200MHz? :?:

my LCD on the front on my case says 27'C idle, but the bios says 30'C (which is more reliable?). either way, its nice and cool. I have tried just upping the fsb to 200 with no luck. then I tried messing with vcore and mem timings, with no luck. I always end up having to mess with the jumper on my mobo to reset all the settings. not hard to do, but a pain in the ass.

Try raising the vcore to 1.65 and try a combo of 200x11, it seems like this should work for almost any 2500, and the only other thing I can think of is that you have really cheap crappy ram that is having trouble running at it's normal speed, and may need to lower the CPU/Mem ratio, or raise your RAM timings.

lower the multiplier? never thought of that. i didnt know that was standard practice. I never had a prob with any of my previous cpu's, as to getting to 3200 speeds, but a didnt have the proper mobo or ram for the task. I dont know what brand of ram I have, but it is 2x 512 3200 dual channel. Ill give it a try...

ok.. well this is odd... it seems to work now... when it wouldnt b4. its at 2.19 (3200) 11x200. vcore 1.675. and I locked my AGP to 66. what prog do I want to see if its stable.... temp is still 27'C on my case. 26'c actually at the moment

Use something like Prime95 to see if it is stable, just run the very first torture test from the list, and it will run your cpu at full load, and if it can handle that for 15-30 minutes, you're probably set to go.

can you post a DL link by chance? plz n thanx

never mind. got it..thanx

it ran for less than 1 sec and got an error... so do I up the vcore more? what do I need to do to make it stable? and do I just do the first test you say? "small FFTs"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information