Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the best system for overclocking??

Quote Originally Posted by First Engineer
    tell me can i reach the 3 ghz without extra cooling and what about the format and reinstalling issue ?
    OK I'm runnin' at 3.24GHz on the standard Intel HSF but to go further I'm goin' to have to swap it with the Volcano 7+ on my crappy 2.4B.
    The "format and reinstalling issue" will only happen if ya havn't got a stable system or ya PCI bus is runnin' out of spec but I don't have that issue.

it seems that u didnt got me guys :shrug: ..

i meant if u overclock your system ok and it was sucssifull .. and then by some how u need to fromat your hard drive and then rinstall ur windows .. should u reoverclock ur CPU or formating and reinstaling wont affect the over clock ..

If the system is 100% stable and the PCI bus in spec then ya should have no problem doin' that. It's not like the old days where overclockin' usually put the PCI bus out of spec which meant puttin' everything back to stock speeds to do that (it was usually the PCI bus affectin' the IDE controllers that was the main prob).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information