Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking what...with what?

Beefy Guest

It's the thought that counts...

If you are going to be overclocking, don't get a 3Ghz processor, this would defeat the whole purpose.

Get something low end like the 2.4, clock it up, and get your highest "bang for the buck".

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    If you are going to be overclocking, don't get a 3Ghz processor, this would defeat the whole purpose.

Get something low end like the 2.4, clock it up, and get your highest "bang for the buck".
    That's the hardware that he already has.

On the plus side those intel boards are probably the fastest and most reliable straight outta the box

but Tier 1 Manufacturers (Abit, ASUS, EPoX, Gigabyte and MSI) that use Intel chipsets do include overclockin' options in most of their's.
    correction tier one MOBOs are GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY ,ASUS,ECS,MSI NITHER EPOX NOR ABIT ARE INCLUDED!!

On the plus side those intel boards are probably the fastest and most reliable straight outta the box
    acctually GIGAbyte MOBOs are much better than Intel's one
    they have more feature and properities
    intel is just a crap ,all they can is INtel BY intel and peopel think that they are better ..!!

Quote Originally Posted by First Engineer
    acctually GIGAbyte MOBOs are much better than Intel's one
    they have more properities
    Somehow I think you missed his point, yes GB has more "properties/settings" you can play around with in order to oc etc.
    But they are not faster at stock speed or as Neil2094 put it, "out of the box". :)

[B]and features
    Not necessarily, all onboard devices can be had on Intels boards just like any other brand. ;)

[B]intel is just a crap ,all they can is INtel BY intel and peopel think that they are better..!!
    If used in server environments or other non oc systems then the Intel boards tend to be slightly faster than their competition. Besides if buying a board for oc/tweaking etc there are better brands than GB, but thats just my personal opinion.

Intel boards crap? Yeah I guess you own many of em'.. :rolleyes2

Btw did I hear you mention ECS..?

yea dude ECS is **** just **** and not even to be c ompared to new mobo's omfg i cant believe he said ECS, oh yes he did, thers no way, omg!! ECS are you NUTS?!!? there there worst crap i ever seen!!! (ok enough hate here) but the ram is too slow to overclock and the bus probably isnt syncrouse (1:1) as was the case with early on ddr cheas ass mobo's is there 2:3 or 4:5 memory/cpu so its only ddr 266 so there wont be much overclock room anyway, also the mobo probably doesnt have the settings available like everyone said, by the way what brand is that mobo?

ok peace out guys:thumb:
    2.4 p4c @3.06 1020mhz fsb
    ASUS P4C800Delux
    CORSAIR ddr500 XMS (3-4-4-8)
    maxtor 120gb w/8meg cache (raid0)
    2x WD Raptors (Raid0)
    2x120Gb Maxtor's
    Ti4200 363/667 mhz
    Water-cooled Koolance case

If serious about oc/tweaking then the brands can be limited to Asus, Abit, Epox, Soltek. Maybe Msi to but I ain't go to much knowledge bout them even though I run one myself..

(lousy 2100 mem = no oc anyways)

Beefy Guest

Enough guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Enough guys...
    I wouldn't be too hard on them Beff. One fool just made a complete ass of themselves and the others are just tryin' to wipe it for them. :devil win

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information