Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OC'ing with Micro ATX:p

Does anyone know of a Micro ATX board for P4's that will let you OC? was think about swapping the mobo out of my old HP and OC'ing the 1.8gig p4 that came with it. I looked at an abit board on newegg that cost 70.00, but it got bad reviews for no OC features. So if anyone knows of a micro ATX board that can OC lemme know. thx:)
    Main RiG:
    CPU: Athlon 64 3200+@2.17
    Mobo:Asus KT8V deluxe
    Ram:1Gig Corasair XMS PC-3200
    AGP: eVga GeForce 6800
    Case:Antec SLB
    HDD:Maxtor 80Gig 8mb
    PSU:Antec TRUE380

If your serious about oc then do yourself a favour and invest in a real case with sufficient cooling as that HP case of yours won't cut it, same story with the psu.

Having said that, a standard ATX motherboard is what you should look into. I'm not trying to be an ass here but consider this or ya most likely won't achieve your goals.. : peace2:

Hehe, maybe you didnt read my signature, the HP is sitting on the floor next to my desk collecting dust:p I used the HDD and the dvd burner from it to build my Athlon Rig. other than that it make a decent second box for surfing while i'm playing DAoC on this pc:)

Dont wry, you didnt offend me, I know now that HP's are worthless. but if I got a micro atx board that OC'd, would be a nice second rig for cheap.
    Main RiG:

Most mATX mobo's are meant for office PC's and thus most (but not all) won't be overclocker friendly.

Well there goes that idea. Just have to tell the wife we have to get an Athlon 64 now:p
    Main RiG:

There really isnt any OC friendly mATX boards huh?
    that sux
    Main RiG:

There are a few but they're usually hard to find but is that 1.8 of your's a socket 423 or 478 CPU?
    If the former then ya out of luck but there are a couple for the later. I've got a Gigabyte (SiS based)GA-8SIMLH though that has onboard graphics but my 1.7 Celeron is runnin' at 2.21GHz but they also have the GA-8IG1000MF (i865G) and this one looks very promisin' the GA-8IPE1000MK (i865PE based). Findin' someone who stocks these sorts of boards will be the hardest part but other brands also likely have a few as well but then ya just goin' to have to search them out.

Thanks alot Wiggo :) that brings my hopes up a bit. I checked my proc and it is a 478, so thats good. Now I just gotta figure out if i really wanna invest in the little **** box:?:
    Main RiG:

Thread Information