Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OC'ing an Athlon XP 2600+ (tb)

Question...

I have been out of the OC game for awhile now, (last setup was a 900 tbird :o) and i just got my new system set up.

Epox 8rda+ rev 1.1 mobo
    Athlon XP 2600+ proc
    512 mb Crucial DDR 400
    Thermaltake Silent Boost HSF

my question is: what are the average temps you all are getting (or i should be expecting) with a 2600 (2.085ghz) and how high can i go before its too hot? i know the thunderbirds were very picky about heat, but i don't know about these...any thoughts?
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

With a Vcore of 1.75v @ 11.5 x 200 in a room temp of 25C I'm gettin' 43C with my V7+ on medium speed.

I tried those settings on my Athlon 2600+, Asus A7NVX-X mobo. And the system wouldnt start up, just kept beeping at me!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjungle
    I tried those settings on my Athlon 2600+, Asus A7NVX-X mobo. And the system wouldnt start up, just kept beeping at me!!
    Not all CPU's will perform the same. Ya may need more voltage. Ya CPU just may not be as good or ya just need better coolin' but for XP2600+ T'breds a good startin' point is 10 x 200MHz and then go up from there.

Thread Information