Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to learn how to o/c

Hey there, new to o/c and just built my first pc.....now i am wanting to learn how to overclock it(how,what,where can be o/c).

My system is this:

Xaser V2000AD tower
    Gigabyte GA-8PENXP m/b
    P4 3.0 800FSB
    Trenscend 2x512 RAM
    TT Spark 7+
    Sapphire 9600XT 256mb
    Audigy2 zs + T7700 speakers
    TT Butterfly PSU
    MSI 8x DVD Burner

Any advice on how I learn to o/c and how far I can o/c them would be great.

Thanks in advance

Well, you've certainly come to the right forum to learn that. Hence the name Tweak Town. And you can find 2 great OC Guides HERE and HERE
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Actually dryadsoul givin' a person with an Intel processor links to AMD overclockin' guides isn't good. :rolleyes2
    Here's the Intel way, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=review&dId=19 ;)
    Basically though just up the CPU voltage 0.1v and then raise the FSB in 5MHz steps testing with Prime95 for stability. Be sure to have your AGP/PCI buses locked at 66/33 and dependin' on the speed of ya memory (which ya didn't state) ya may have to adjust ya CPU/memory ratio at some point from the standard 1:1 settin' to 5:4 or lower. Once ya've done that ya may want to use Sapphire's Redline overclockin' utility and do the same for the core and memory of ya video card but test with 3DMark'03 for stability. Good luck.

hmmm ive been using the auto overlclocking feature on my mobo(asus p4c800 e deluxe) and figure that ill get better performance without....but as is i cant find and fsb feature in bios to "bump up". Vid card clock speeds are 441/380 (ddr2 memory). Some advice on where the fsb setting is would be helpful....thx:D

Oh and specs are in my sig if anyone needs em. Stock processor is 3.2c
    3dmark01 score(19947)
    Specs: P4 3.2C(oc'ed 3.6)/Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo/768 pc4000 hyper x memory/radeon 9800 xt vid card(oc'ed to 445/384.8)/hdd maxtor 40 gig 7200 rpms/ audigy 2 sound card

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Actually dryadsoul givin' a person with an Intel processor links to AMD overclockin' guides isn't good. :rolleyes2

Opps, my bad *Crawls back to BG gnawing on ankles*
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

ram is DDR400

also how high can you safely o/c a p4 3g?

Thanks for your help

Likely about 3.5GHz on good air coolin' with a CPU/memory ratio of 5:4 if ya lucky but more will likely require water coolin'.

Thread Information