Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clocking a Duron

I have a duron pro 1200+ that is only running around 885 MHZ have tried to change bios in set up but wont let me change them any help would be appreciated.

motherboard is M810LR7 REV 7.1 C
    chipset SIS 730 REV 2
    memory installed 768 sdram pc 133
    OS windows xp
    hard drive 120 gig seagate

cpu voltage is at 1.616 volts

Thanks for any help

seems like you need to raise the multipiler to 133 mhz. It sounds like it got set to 100 mhz somehow. You can do this either by jumper or in the bios. You'll have to check your mobo manual to see which is required.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Oh dear, other poor person has been sucked in by PCChips marketin' BS. :eek:

That is the correct speed as the 1200+ is PCChips' BS ratin' for the overclock they put on the Duron 800 which is what your CPU actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Oh dear, other poor person has been sucked in by PCChips marketin' BS. :eek:

That is the correct speed as the 1200+ is PCChips' BS ratin' for the overclock they put on the Duron 800 which is what your CPU actually is.
    huh, didn't know they did that :confused:

I figured it was a typo and he ment 1.2 ghz since durons are sold listing clock speeds instead of the athlon rating system :shrug:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I read the artical on the overclocking guide for amds and they say that you can run core voltage as high as 1.85 max . Oh are you suppose to get a manual for your motherboard humm did not seem to get one (lol) . Thanks for your help guess ill just have to putter around then. Bought this unit from huge bee aka internetishop back in feb thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by truckpuller
    I read the artical on the overclocking guide for amds and they say that you can run core voltage as high as 1.85 max . Oh are you suppose to get a manual for your motherboard humm did not seem to get one (lol) . Thanks for your help guess ill just have to putter around then. Bought this unit from huge bee aka internetishop back in feb thanks again.
    I'd be very surprised if a manual is even available for them as the CPU is imbedded in the mobo and all settin's are locked. PCChips is a tier 1 OEM manufacturer like Biostar, ECS and Jetway thus not suitable for overclockers or power users so there's no way anything on that setup can be changed except for add on cards. :shrug:

Thanks for info did go to pcchips web site and found out that it is a midi board also which i understand cant be overclocked wondered why the board was so small in the case . Guess the next step for me is to save my pennys and get a motherboard and processor to put in here i do have a 400 watt power supply so thats not a problem anyway thanks again for the info and help Wiggo.

Mid-ATX boards can be overclocked, but not PCChips. You may get some luck from a program called SoftFSB, as that mobo can run at a 133mhz FSB, if it didn't have the crappy imbedded CPU.

Also, as Wiggo already stated about the scam, this is something I posted in another thread a while back
    Actually, the reasoning behind the differnce there is ECS and PCChips pulled a nice luttle scam, they thought since AMD used PR on Athlon XP's theyd slap a PR on a Duron and call it a Duron Pro, as the common PC uder would fall for the scam, and think they were gettin a 1.3 though they were only getting a Duron 800 on a slightly elevated FSB.

Truly, this PR rating IS inaccurate and is NOT issued by AMD, but by ECS/PCChips, for their little scam theyve got going

couple of days ago i went to eSupport.com BIOS agaent and ran there program and this is what it said just for grins.

chipset SiS 730 rev 2
    Super/IO ite 8705/SiS 950 rev 2 found
    OS windows xp pro
    cpu amd 900Mhz MAX: 1200 MHZ
    Bios ROM size 256K
    memory installed 768MB
    Memory MAX 512 MB
    coarse i have a stick of 512 and stick of 256 Pc 133

will softFSB work with windows XP pro

also the cooling fan for prosscesor says pro 1300 on it lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information