Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: O'Clocking my Athlon 2100+ (1.7Ghz) and or my G4 mX 440 V/ca

I'm a total noob when it comes to overclocking processors or video cards. However I would like to overclock my my aging Geforce4 MX440 card to possibly get some more performance out of it. I have no idea how to go about this so if some one could maybe point me in the direction of a good website or something it would be great. I'm also thinking of trying to overclock my Athlon processor, its a Athlon 2100+ 1.7Ghz and it would be cool to get a bit more speed out of it. I probably didnt give enough info to get much of a response so if anyone responds and wants more info, just let me know what info you need and i'll dig it up.

A lot of overclockin' ya CPU will depend on ya motherboard but here's a guide though it's a little dated, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=376, and here's one for ya video card, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=267.

i got my gf4 440 to 310/460 :laugh:

Thanks for the quick response guys. I'l take a look at those websites and give it a try!.

OK, i used the Coolbits program the comes with the nvidia chipset to verclock my card to 350/600. It took these settings without any problems and it seems to improve my performance in games. However i noticed that you said that you got yours up to 310/460. So i'm wondering if i've pushed mine too far?

I dunno, I keep going up by 10 or so. No problems so far.
    It can go higher, but since its working OK in AAO I dont need to go more than that ;)

Thread Information