Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 1st post, just help me out

I've done hours and hours of reading on overclocking and I don't have the patience to do all this trial and error, back and forth. Can anyone give me optimal settings for my pc or at least a webpage that I can find some good numbers? I'm a noob, don't flame...

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    Athlon XP 2700+
    OCZ Premiere 1x 512mb DDR3200
    Guillemot Hercules Radeon 9800pro 128mb
    Seagate 80gb
    Windows XP Pro

I know that there's potential in this pc, I just need some help unlocking it all. I haven't even touched my graphics card.... Just throw me a bone, please.
    such a noob

i'm sorry but trial and error is the only real way to do it. there is no predetermined setting for OC, each indivdual setup is going to have different results.

If you don't have the patience for it, perhaps you should just leave it well enough alone until you do.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

minibubba is right. It's best to take it one step at a time, baby steps if you will, to see how far you can go before having problems and then just back off a notch or two. Depending on your setup, you may be able to get a good amount of OC or only a small amount. You can't know before you start. Beginners should tread lightly until experience is gained. After that you can make bigger steps knowing full well what problems you may encounter when you do.
    :-(

A lot of luck is involved with overclockin' as as already stated by the 2 previous posters, patience is a must plus no 2 exact same setups will give the same results.

Thread Information