Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question about the fsb of memory

When the fsb of the cpu was 210 mhz the fsb of the memory was the same. When I increase the fsb of the cpu to 240.1 mhz, the fsb of the memory decrease to 160. Does anyone know why this is?
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Extreme Spirit NB heatsink
    Corsair XMS2 PC2 8500 (2gigs)/with fans
    Ocz Gamestream 700 watt psu
    Geforce 7900gs oc Video card
    Half a tarabyte hard drive space
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Your memory speed ratio probably changed automatically. You should be able to set it manually and fix this (but the memory itself may not want to play at the higher speed).
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

You must have the Dram frequency set to Auto for it to have done that so change it from auto to 400 (1:1).

you were right, I did have it set at auto. But, when I set it to 400 and have it overclocked at 20% it would not boot. So I had to drop it down to 200. I have all the cas latency's down as far as they go. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

while I'm in here does anyone know how to keep my pc clock stable? I'm adjusting it constantly. There has to be something in the bios to stabalize it
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Do you mean the time shown in Windows and if so and if ya usin' XP why don't ya use the sycronise with and internet server function to keep it right?
    I also wouldn't use the A1 Overclockers auto overclock function. Set it to manual and do it ya self thru the full settings and remember that at around a 233MHz FSB ya goin' to have to either increase the memory voltage and/or change the DRAM Frequeny (CPU/memory ratio) to 333MHz (5:4 but this setting will likely be shown as 320). You may also need to raise the CPU voltage to 1.6-1.65v.

I running win 98se. What's the difference between the auto oc and the manual? I did notice that core voltage hasn't changed. Where can I find a website that has the basics on overclocking? I'm a newbe at this and I don't want to screw anything up. About the clock, I turn the power off when I'm at work, just until things get brock in. The clock stops when the power is off. There is still power to the mobo obviously. I don't know what's going on. Anyway get back to me about the overclocking. Thanks
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Well ya certainly have ya self and that system at a real disavantage usin' 98SE instead of XP as ya'll have no hyperthreading support which is a main performance advantage with that setup.
    I havn't seen a guide yet that deals with later Intel hardware but this guide will give ya the basic info that ya'll need.

I adjusted the core voltage but that didn't do anything.I don't know what to adjust to get a higher clock speed. If you can give me that basics on what to adjust please do so. Thanks oh, and about the not having xp, I know it's a bummer, but we just can't afford it right now. I sank alot in this new comp. so it will have to wait for a bit. I can get xp pro for $138.00 (oem)
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Saprano case

XP Pro OEM will do fine (that's about all I run on my PC's that run XP). Set the DRAM Frequeny (CPU/memory ratio) to 333MHz (5:4 but this setting will likely be shown as 320 though unless you have a more updated BIOS than mine and that figure has been corrected). Core voltage 1.6v, memory voltage 2.7-2.8v and then just work the FSB but if ya usin' the stock Intel HSF watch ya temps as somewhere around 3.2-3.3GHz will be its limit (3.24GHz is the limit of my 2.4C w/ the stock HSF).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information